Internet Security 2010 killed my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
think my original post was in the wrong forum, so i'm reposting it here.

My son was using my comp. When he got the message that I was infected and had to run IS 2010 he had no idea that it was a virus. By the time I got home my comp had a green screen saying I was infected.He'd been able to continue working on my comp even with this green screen. I shut everything down but when I turned it back on. NADA.

I can turn it on but it won't start in any mode. Not safe, not last known config. etc. When I try to reboot it in any of the modes it appears like it's going to reboot, a blue screen with flashing numbers appears for a 16th of a second and it comes back to the start up screen.

This comp was custom built and the company is now out of business.I was never given a recovery disc for it. I have a recovery disc from my last comp which also had Windows XP. I don't want to lose any of my programs. This is my dream comp with so many programs that I've always wanted..Can I use the recovery disc from my former PC? I've located instructions with how to get everything going again so I think I know what to do-but just afraid to use a dif. comps recovery disc.

Of course if someone here has detailed directions on how to restart it, I'd appreciate it- I don't know if the instructions I've copied are correct.

HELP!

any clue where

I think my recovery disc from my old comp may have xp on it- Is there a way I can check-I have my husbands lap top- could i view it on there without it reseting his comp?

Just use it to start the repair install. If it doesn't work you know the disc is not correct. It won't hurt anything to try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back