Internet slow, great connection in house on other comps, just reformated, always slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsskater892

Hi, My internet is very slow. I have a asus k8v-se deluxe motherboard, and im starting to think that its the onboard ethernet port thats slow. Im directlly conected to a linksys wireless n router( the fastest one out) and all the other computers in my house go pritty fast. I just reformated my hard drive and wiped my computer completely so i shouldnt have the same problem...... but do. So if someone anyone has any suggestions as to what i should do, shoot! or if you can finda link to a fast ethernet internal card that would be great. I want to use all of my router, its 12x the speed of G. so i wanna put that to the test......... please help me. thanks -Nick

What driver are you using for your onboard ethernet? Have you tried the latest driver from Asus?

Yes, I do mean physicallly, through ethernet. Ill try getting the updates. thanks for the ideas, but still is the motherboard card really as good as one you would buy seperatally?

You should be able to download the whole Mainboard driver package and you probably want to do that. Failing that get the NIC driver and the chipset driver if you can find them. Also, since it is ethernet cat5e then you should try using a different cable, you'd be surprised how often it's a slightly damaged cable. We've got a whole suite that has identical machines and they all seemed to have variable connection speeds until we swapped out the bad cables.

As far as your on-board NIC is concerned, it's really unlikely to be slower than any other standard NIC. It'd only be the case if it was somehow damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back