internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISHA8725

here's a toughie.

Can't get to the internet using Firefox or IE.

Everything is updated. Firewall and Norton is disabled. In command prompt I have DNS resolution. Outlook can Send/Receive. Norton can run live update. I have run into this once before and luckily it was a workstation computer so I wiped it out and restored an old image.

The guys here told me their boss was trying to block them from downloading programs, like AIM. They don't know what he did though. Also ran a WinSock fix/reset, didn't help. Ideas?

Has their (your) boss only enabled web traffic to certain activities (email, virus update) on purpose? Something is amiss here.

where would somebody go to limit the internet activity to only e-mail and anti-virus updates? I have looked everywhere over this computer. I even just did a system restore to last thursday when it was absolutely working and that didn't fix it either.

Corporate office may have modified the company firewall to restrict certain access?!?

And just for the heck of it I'm trying ad-aware and spybot. But these 2 programs can't update their definition files. argh.

all of the other computers are perfectly fine. no issues what so ever. oh, and this computer can get over the network shares...and like i said before can ping ip address or website address. i'm stuck

Nevermind, case closed. Stupid stupid stupid. Checked the netgear again. Stupid boss blocked the IP address of the computer itself specifically in another area.

man, that's funny if it didn't impact you so severely! :haha: :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back