interview for IT tech pos.

astra

Hiyas.

I have got a question.

If you are to be interviewed for IT tecnician position (helpdesk in college) and you are asked a question on the interview:
You have got 50 faults. With which one would start first?

Would should be the answer...?

Deal with the critical faults first, then work your way through the rest in date order (oldest first, for equal priority faults).

If some tasks are significantly longer than others, and the received date/time is similar, I would then tend to tackle the smaller jobs first, so that the list goes down quicker, and less users are inconvenienced. Use common sense to evaluate tasks.

Never mention any real faults that is just a trick question. Say something like I just dont have enough time to help more people in this world. It makes me feel good when I am helping someone and that is why I think I would like to be doing this job for you.

Charles Hammond said:
Never mention any real faults that is just a trick question. Say something like I just dont have enough time to help more people in this world. It makes me feel good when I am helping someone and that is why I think I would like to be doing this job for you.

He was referring to help desk faults, a common term for tickets and/or current IT "problems" that need to be solved.

Not personal faults.

The end.

you need to prioritise in terms of the impact that the fault has upon your customers...

welcome to the world of IT support...

Back