TechSpot

intro and needs help

By antradox
May 26, 2006
  1. hi. ive just got my very own personal computer,and am liking it so you could say i am a computer newbie, am learning new things though which has been interesting

things got most interesting when i got a notice from AVG a virus is detected, did a whole computer scan turns out there was 6 of them had them off, then restarted my comp, and it keeps saying that cant find orderjevo.exe
    ive managed to find the file and delete it, suspecting its the program causing probs
    well the problems only started to get worse
    1. windows firewall somehow turned itself off,(or is it..)and i cant turn it on it says we're sorry blahblah...then asked me to go manual, which i did (control panel, windows firewall) then it says due to an unidentified problem, windows cannot show firewall settings. so what now guys??

2.downloaded zone alarm firewall, then tried installing it......says something bout truevector and needed to be disabled or something, now i cant even uninstall it or reinstall it..so the question goes......

3.the hourglass icon keeps appearing next to my mouse cursor every second!!! it driving me nuts....and i could hear the harddrive making sound as if it was searching for something but its not , because i didnt open anything. it happened when i (supposedly) managed to successfully install zonealarm firewall.

4.how do you stop all of these......(btw my anti virus was an AVG free version)

so guys...sure need some help here for a newbie

2. Speed01

Speed01 TS Rookie

Hi Antradox

One of the files that AVG deleted/quarantined were set to startup with Windows each time the computer boots up. It could have been an infected file required by one of the programs running on your machine or a file opening the virus. Does it still come up saying it cannot find it?

Following is a link to fix the Zone Alarm Firewall issue. This may also fix the Windows Firewall issue.

http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/Prod_1/Articles55646/corruptlogs.html

Let me know how you go.

3. antradox

antradox TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

not quite sure what you mean but ill say some more

the virus is a trojan type one. as far as i know i deleted 6 then a full system scan saying no more viruses
    next day i looked for a file called orderjevo.exe which always popped up everytime i started my computer saying 'cant find blahblah' then send or dont send error report and all that stuff
    then i went to command prompt and typed orderjevo.exe...suddenly the virus detected warning popped up, but i got 2 of them, still i suspect they are still there hiding

4. antradox

antradox TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

oh yeah....and whats with that truevector thing,and more info .....the task manager CLOSES itself within a few seconds of opening, and i cant seems to start windows in safe mode, pressed the f8 still(i had to do a 'reset button' restart for the following to happen), i managed to get it to the 'select ur config choices safe mode, safe mode with cmd prmpt etc' but i cant move up or down (time is counting at 28 secs) only to see it start in normal mode, any other way to start it in safe mode??

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.