TechSpot

Intro

By tepeco
Jun 15, 2007
  1. Okay, I'm here with my first visit/post.. Hope this is a meat and potatoes forum as I'm not interested in small talk and community. I'm a hermit walking amoung normal people and very private. Obsessive/Compulsive on organization, rules and I'm totally hell-bent on finding easier and better ways to do anything and everything.

I'm the guy next door that hasn't introduced himself to you in the 10 years we've lived side by side. I don't like your dog. You don't mow your grass right and your swimming pool should be filled with dirt and planted over with something that is more impressive. Why do you have a deck? You don't use it, and for heaven's sake, why do you have a three car garage and only have two cars???

I like seeing bees work, birds on feeders and fly fishing (catch & release). I like the way leaves rustle in the breeze.. The sound of Cicada's singing on a hot summer night and speaking of that, I love complaining about the heat. I really hate air conditioning, particularly your's, just outside my open window at night! About the only thing I really like is spending quite time with my wife, outside on our deck, a chilled glass of wine and small talk about nothing in particular.

I hate the necessity of computers, however I'm adept with them and can accomplish things with them that nobody in the world can do. I mean... I can create a problem that has never been heard of, cannot be solved by anyone and will never occur on another person's computer in a lifetime. It will go unsolved and to a OC like me, it means craziness beyond your wildest imagination.

I will rest my introduction with one last degenerate remark.. I hate introduction sections in forums, particularly the obligatory message that's going to follow telling me where I can visit for helpful information on how to post messages. I might be new here, but I've been posting elsewhere for 10 years. Yes, I'm crotchity, grumpy, older and tired. I'll leave now and go post my first, totally impossible to solve question that nobody on the planet is going to know the answer to. (Am I a bitter person or what???)

And to all of you that got this far, thanks for alowing me the soapbox time. It's been fun!

Larry Thompson (tepeco)

2. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

You ever tried Prozac or Lexapro? Oh well, even though you won't like it. Welcome to Techspot anyways! :D

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

hi Larry, pleased to meet you

5. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi Larry, welcome to TechSpot! I hope you at least like the forums. :)

6. tepeco

tepeco TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 65

'lo there guys. Howard, you just had to invite me to the link, didn't you? Techspot's cool. Prozac kill goldfish, halo. You guys have some funny avitars and names here. I'll be around a while...

7. kitty500cat

Does it kill iguanas? :D

8. tepeco

Iguanas are safe, as long as they don't eat the goldfish..

9. kitty500cat

Hopefully my cats will be safe too...

10. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Pleased to meet you Larry. I enjoy fishing (catch and release) also. but I am more of a bass man.

11. tepeco

Hey, Mopar. Thanks for the welcome. Lots of good fishing in Tenn.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.