TechSpot

Introducing... me.

By blingham
Aug 20, 2008
  1. G'day folks, I'm just your regular everyday 29 year old I.T. professional who plays with computers all day, goes home, and plays with them some more. I'm the team lead of our 24/7 Operations and Data Center Management Team which gives me experience with System i (AS/400), IBM AIX, Wintel, and some Cisco. That, along with my self-taught Windows 2000, XP, Vista & Linux (Ubuntu mostly) experience, will hopefully help me to contribute to the TechSpot forums.

At home though, I'm not nearly as technically lucky as at work. I've a run-of-the-mill Wireless/Wired Linksys, three PC and three laptop network with a mix of OS's.

Here is a summary:

Desktop 1:
    Windows XP: 3.2Ghz Pentium D, 2GB RAM, 320GB SATA, nVidia 8500 GT.

Desktop 2:
    Ubuntu 8.04: P4 3.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 80GB IDE, Intel On-Board Graphics.

Desktop 3:
    SME Server: 3.06Ghz Celeron D , 1GB RAM, 40GB IDE & 500GB IDE

Laptop 1:
    Old IBM ThinkPad Running Windows XP

Laptop 2:
    Slightly less old IBM ThinkPad running Ubuntu 8.04 (ATI Graphics)

Laptop 3:
    Very old Dell laptop, Windows XP

With that out of the way, my other interests range across the board. I hope to engage in some great discussion, and share my knowledge of Windows/Linux wherever possible.

Thanks, and looking forward to becoming a regular.

Jay

2. woody1191

woody1191 TS Rookie Posts: 572

G'Day blingham and Welcome to Techspot :wave:

You will be able to have Great Discussions here with the Vast Wealth of Knowledge and People on the Forum and your Knowledge will add to this :). You will even learn more yourself and be able to build a massive Knowledge about Comps.

Oh here are some Guidelines you may want to read.
    "Guide To Making a Good Post/Thread" - http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html
    "Community & Posting Guidelines" - http://www.techspot.com/extras/forum...es/index.shtml

Nice to meet you and hopefully you will be a Forum Regular :).

3. blingham

blingham TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome Woody! Perusing the forum has already given me a ton of information. I'm just choosing wisely where and when I "leap" in ;)

Jay

4. Zacholt

Zacholt TS Rookie

hi there welcome

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.