TechSpot

Introducing myself

By Cindy Distefano
May 3, 2004
  1. Hi Ya'll!
    I'm Cindy, and I live in Southeast Texas....in the woods, dial-up is all that available to me at this time :( . I love to Fish, grow Orchids, and my latest pass-time is "The Sims" (all expansion packs).....
    I'm 47, retired, and very, very happily married, two sons, ages 26, 22, and a stepson 21.
    I'm ready to blow up this computer......getting ready to order a new Dell....but till then, this is what I have!
    Win XP Pro (upgraded from ME)
    X86
    Flashed BIOS to 4/25/2001-SiS-630-P6STMC
    Pentuium III
    My computer is crashing to BSOD randomly....
    IRQL_......error message mostly, I'm a novice computer user, so I use laymans terms :blush: , and don't understand most of those....:p , currently I'm trying to download SiS 630/730 2.8d driver, but it takes 5 hours and 5 minutes......:eek: BSOD happens before I get it downloaded.....help!
    Thanks
    Cindy

2. Ray

Ray TS Rookie Posts: 82

Hi Cindy

You don't sound too much like a novice to me but I'm still learning the basics. Just thought I'd say hi. I'm new here as well.

Ray

3. OS samurai

OS samurai TS Rookie Posts: 193

hello Cindy Welcome to TS,
    :wave:
    Do they appear right after booting up? Or after the machine has been running for a while
    What anti virus software are you currently running? Have you installed the latest critical security updates from MS via windows update? I know that can be a pain to do over a dial up connection:( & you know allot more about computers alredy then most people I delt with doing tech support :cool:

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,919   +9

Hello and welcome, but let's keep introductions and problems separated, ok? Post the problem(s) to suitable forums, like "Windows OS" or "Audio and Video".

5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Hi there Cindy, please follow what Mictlantecuhtli has mentioned. This will help to attarct more attention to your problem.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.