Introducing myself

By Cindy Distefano
May 3, 2004
  1. Hi Ya'll!
    I'm Cindy, and I live in Southeast the woods, dial-up is all that available to me at this time :( . I love to Fish, grow Orchids, and my latest pass-time is "The Sims" (all expansion packs).....
    I'm 47, retired, and very, very happily married, two sons, ages 26, 22, and a stepson 21.
    I'm ready to blow up this computer......getting ready to order a new Dell....but till then, this is what I have!
    Win XP Pro (upgraded from ME)
    Flashed BIOS to 4/25/2001-SiS-630-P6STMC
    Pentuium III
    My computer is crashing to BSOD randomly....
    IRQL_......error message mostly, I'm a novice computer user, so I use laymans terms :blush: , and don't understand most of those....:p , currently I'm trying to download SiS 630/730 2.8d driver, but it takes 5 hours and 5 minutes......:eek: BSOD happens before I get it!
  2. Ray

Ray TS Rookie Posts: 62

Hi Cindy

You don't sound too much like a novice to me but I'm still learning the basics. Just thought I'd say hi. I'm new here as well.

3. OS samurai

OS samurai TS Rookie Posts: 159

hello Cindy Welcome to TS,
    Do they appear right after booting up? Or after the machine has been running for a while
    What anti virus software are you currently running? Have you installed the latest critical security updates from MS via windows update? I know that can be a pain to do over a dial up connection:( & you know allot more about computers alredy then most people I delt with doing tech support :cool:
  4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Hello and welcome, but let's keep introductions and problems separated, ok? Post the problem(s) to suitable forums, like "Windows OS" or "Audio and Video".
  5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

Hi there Cindy, please follow what Mictlantecuhtli has mentioned. This will help to attarct more attention to your problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.