Introducing Techtoad

By techtoad
Oct 31, 2007
  1. Hello everyone, my name is Kirk Saywell, otherwise known as techtoad. I have my own website www[dot]techtoad[dot]co[dot]uk (sorry, i was unable to post links because my membership is under 3), which i host myself here in Colchester, Essex UK.

I am 15 years old, nearly 16, and i am VERY interested in computing, particulally hardware, networking, security, configuaration etc.

I use Windows generally, but experiment with other operating systems, i am currently using Gentoo Linux aswell as Windows XP professional.

I am not a great student in school, but i am a prefect and a student technician. I generally know all the basics of a computer system, and a few areas in detail.

I build my own computers, i manage my own home network, and even though money is a problem for me, i regullaly spend it on computer equiptment.

I trial with older computers, and i am one of those geeks that writes about it on my website.

I have joined TechSpot because i have recnetly encounted a problem which i am unsure about, i will post this seperatly. I am sure i will enjoy my time here, and find it very helpful.

What do i use computers for? well, everything, i dont really do games, but i do use it for media, i love my music, and i couldnt live without it.

A bit more personal stuff, i live with my parents, and i have a girlfriend. Currently doing my GCSE's: Full course ICT, Business Studies, Statistics, Electronics, Graphic products, Core Maths, English, RE, PE and Double Award Science.

I will be attending College, and i will probably take the additional CISCO course.

My awards, well, i dont get many, but i have "student technician of the year" and i also have "100% attendance" (2 years running).

Other than computers, i spend my time in town with my friends, listening to music, and occasionally, working at the railway.

Thats about all i can think of at the moment, thankyou for the free registration, i hope you will be able to help me, as i am willing to help with what i can.

One last thing, i have to say this...

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello Kirk Saywell and welcome to TechSpot! I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)
  3. techtoad

techtoad TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thankyou :D i'm sure i will, your all a great help.
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.