By vilven
Jul 8, 2005
  1. Hello there...

Just saying hi to all out there as I foudn this site whilst looking up the many many errores my once totally reliable PC now has..

thing is, the blue screen I now get ( after diabling the auto restart ) keeps giving me different stuff..

I'll post my issue once I figure out where it goes :)

Thanx all..
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Clean out all the dust bunnies.

Pull out your ram stick/s and clean the contacts with an eraser. Blow off the remnants and replace. If that doesn`t solve the problem, download and run the memtest86+ programme from

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and boot from that.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. vilven

vilven TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanx Howard.. I'll try taking out the mem stix... and doing what you said..

I must be in the right place, you actually seemed to know already that I do not indeed have a floppy drive!!
    As I see them as a waiste of time.. that said, I probably have a few knocking around somewhere..

I'll get back to you.. just so you know.. the blue screen errors thus far have been :-

had a few about a driver but it was so general I didnt write it down

thats it for the blue screens, which only appeared after I disabled the auto re-boot.. with that on, it just randomly re-booted all the time, every few minutes.. move the mouse, re-boot, brwosing the net, reboot, launch a game, reboot.. etc etc etc

Other errors i am getting are..

Playing wolf online, whole thing locks up and it says somethign like ' Youre graphix card stopped responding to something or other, switching to software rendering - but it keeps doing this untill it reboots

that NT message form the wormblaster virus, I get that from time to time.. and no welchia worm in my system.

another error was trying to write to read only??

Norton anti virus sometimes keeps playing up and telling me I am not protected.. so I have to launch it maually..

anyway, as said.. I'll do the whoe in depth shabang list later if I cant solve it :)
  4. vilven

vilven TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well.. it works :D

I pulled out both stix of ram, and they were clean enough but I decided to put just oneback..

not crashed since...

although it means I am down to only 512 of PC3200 DDR

and have a pc3200 512 ddr stick doing nothing..

but hey ho.. seems fine at the moment.

thanks matie :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.