By garysyoung
Feb 3, 2007
  1. New to TS. Not a computer wiz, that's why I'm here; hope to find one because of some PC problems.

Thanks for the support!

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot!

Hope we can be of some help. You can post problems by starting a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Regards :)
  3. garysyoung

garysyoung TS Rookie Topic Starter

Can you help me get started. I registered with TS to try to get an answer to a ploblem I'm having with my computer but don't know where to begin. I tried to fill out my profile but every time I go through filling in the stats on my computer and click update, it asks me to sign in (which I already had) and when I do (again) I loose verything I painstakenly just entered.

Any words of wisdom?

4. Newf

Newf TS Rookie

Hey Guys

It's Newf,
    Thanks for the intro/membership thing.
  5. kitty500cat

Welcome to TS, Newf! :wave:

When you log in, check the "Remember me" box. I used to have the same problem, when I was writing a long post, and researching as I wrote it, and then when I hit Post it had logged me out. I solved the problem by checking that box.

Regards :)
  6. Striker840

Striker840 TS Rookie

Don't you hate it when that happens, I know I do!!
    Another thing I do Kitty is if I know its going to take me a while to write my post, i will do it in notepad, then when I am done I will do the good ole cut and paste into the thread. That way I avoid getting timed out.

Welcome Gary and Newf, I am a newbie myself just started my own intro thread.
  7. garysyoung

garysyoung TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the tip. I should of thought of that myself! Now I have to try to figure out how to start a new thread. Gads!!!!!!!! too much for this infintesimle brain.
  8. kitty500cat

Hey, we were all new at one point :)

Go into the appropriate forum for your question/problem, and click the new thread button.

Cheers :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.