Introduction

By Latigo
Jul 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, All,

I'm a retired business manager from Michigan.

As a computer user I've had quite a bit of experience (started with a 256K Mac) but still consider myself a novice on the technical side. I depend on Google to interpret the terminology.

I joined TechSpot to solve a problem with the Device Manager while installing WinXp on a used Dell 8400 I just acquired.

My other interests are science, particularly astronomy, and, non-scientifically, UFOs (I was a big fan of Art Bell's when he was on week nights) and Edgar Cayce (we live just a couple of miles from the A.R.E. headquarters in Virginia Beach).

I was in the U. S. Naval Academy (around the time of Jimmy Carter) until this gal from the Beach caught my attention, as she continues to do after nearly 60 years. We have two sons, a daughter, four grandchildren, and two g-great grandchildren.

I'll post my problem under the thread Device Manager if that's viable.
  2. almcneil

almcneil TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,554

Welcome aboard! You're never too old to be computer addict!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.