Intuit's Turbo Tax: Hiding from a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlknaack

When trying to e-file my tax returns I encountered the following problems:

First, a message popped-up "Your return must be saved prior to electronic filing." You acknowledge OK. Another message pops-up, over the e-filing progress bar, "Connection with server was reset. The transmission was unsuccessful. Please try again later." This sequence went on and on.

After disabling firewall protection, checking Internet access settings for Turbo Tax, disabling AntiVirus, checking for Turbo Tax Updates, and reinstalling Turbo Tax (correcting a corrupt file?) to no avail, I went to contact TT Tech Support via email.

In filling-out the TT email form, you must provide "Type of Support Issue" which you select from a drop-down menu. However, there was no drop-down menu supplied. You could not submit the email without supplying this information, and there was absolutely not way to supply the information.

I went to TT's User-to-User Forum, where I discovered there were many Users who had this problem, and that the prime suspect was incompatibility with SP2. But most importantly, I found that the earliest post in the forum alerting to this problem was 2/7/05. And, that the inability to contact TT Tech Support was posted on 3/5/05. Realize, however, that TT could have known of these situations earlier than 2/7 and 3/5, respectively, but not later. Yet here I was on 4/14/05, possessor of the latest TT updates, encountering the same two problems.

So here we have a serious problem with TT, and Intuit is not only hiding from it, but it can only be concluded that they disabled communication between the Users and TT Tech Support.

Reply to Zephead

Please be more specific. If you are referring to Turbo Tax updates, I had all the updates at the time I tried to e-file, and there have been no subsequent updates available. If you are referring to something else, please specify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back