Invalid IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trintar VIII

Hi all...I scanned the first page to see that something like this wasn't on here already (my apologies if it is), but I'll get right to the point. I was on the internet earlier today when suddenly I couldn't load any pages and Messenger booted me. I tried to reconnect and the Messenger troubleshooter program says that I do not have a valid IP address. Sometimes, however, it says my IP address is fine and the gateway isn't working. I ran Spybot with a few things, got rid of the spyware and then it still didn't fix it...I'm currently scanning with Avast! and will post those results up as well...I'm familiar with Ewido and HiJackThis!, but I'm not sure if there's something else I need to know. If someone can help, that'd be great. Thanks in advance,

Trintar VIII

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Trintar VIII only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

If you ever need to attach HJT or Ewido logs again, you can attach the .log/.txt files directly to your post.

Your HJT log is clean.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

WhenUSearch

Close control panel.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\SetupDTSB.exe

C:\Program Files\WhenUSearch Delete the entire folder.

D:\Programs\234 PhotoShop Plugins\234 PhotoShop Plugins.rar/234 PhotoShop Plugins\Panopticum All in 1 One Pack\Panopticum Alpha Strip v1.1\Panopticum AlphaStrip V1.1 Full-Crack.exe

Other than the above, your system looks clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

This thread is for the use of Trintar VIII only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I did all of that, but I'm still geting the invalid IP address error and cannot get online yet (I'm on a friend's computer to post this). Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?

I`m not sure what`s causing your problem.

But I don`t think it`s virus/spyware related.

I suggest you open a new thread for your problem in our storage and networking forum.

Trintar VIII said:
I was on the internet earlier today when suddenly I couldn't load any pages and Messenger booted me. I tried to reconnect and the Messenger troubleshooter program says that I do not have a valid IP address.
first, see this recommendataion

old connection data is stored in the Registry.
disconnect your system from the net, and then run REGEDIT or REGEDT32 and go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces​
the JPG attachment shows the Paramater\Interfaces (specifically on mine, yours will be different)

EXPLORE each one of them, look for keys with non-zero, real IP info
keys like
  1. DhcpDefaultGateway
  2. DhcpIpAddress
  3. DhcpNameServer
  4. DhcpServer
delete the ip info and insert 0

these have just numbers, so just reset them to zero also
  1. Lease
  2. LeaseObtainTime
  3. LeaseTerminatesTime

set EnableDHCP=1 & EnableDeadGWDetect=0