TechSpot

iOS 5.0.1 now available, said to fix bugs affecting battery life

By Shawn Knight
Nov 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has publically released iOS 5.0.1 today to address battery life issues introduced when the company launched iOS 5 last month. The fix went live this morning and can be…

Read the whole story

2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I hope it improves my battery life. I can only go about 16 hours ish with my brand new 4s. I've only had it five days and I already can't stand the battery. Maybe if I used Siri less, I might get better battery power...but then what is the point of having a 4s? lol

3. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

That is the selling point of the 4S, if it doesn't work i would want my money back or a new unit

4. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 414   +42

I must say, battery has been worse on my normal Iphone4 since upgrading to IOS5. Downloading this now - holding thumbs it improves.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,512   +314

I get my iPhone 4s 64gb White in a few hours! I actually cannot wait!

6. Ronmassgear

Ronmassgear TS Rookie

Battery life did improve with the update, anyone having problem with sms tone? After updating to ios 5 there was a stutter in the sms tone, still not fixed with the new update.

7. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I was not as lucky as you. My battery life seems as if it actually dropped with this update. I'm actually kind of pissed off at Apple right now. The selling point is indeed Siri, but I can only use her for a few hours before it dies. Thanks Apple

8. 16Hours isn't good? I have a iPhone 4s and it makes it through the whole day fine with moderate use. If it makes it through the day I consider the phone fine in my book. I am not going to do the 5.01 update as I heard of a few issues when people upgraded and I see no reason to risk it when my phone is fine. I think people who are having battery problems are down to like 32% or less within 4 hours after pulling off charge. Now that would be a problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.