iOS 6 upgrades soar 29% following debut of Google Maps app

By Rick
Dec 19, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. According to data furnished by MoPub and mulled over by TechCrunch, the number of iPhone users running iOS 6 jumped by 29 percent between December 11 and December 15. MoPub tracks over one billion ad impressions daily across many carriers and apps.

Read more
  2. Chazz

Chazz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616   +54

If I worked for Apple, I'd be a bit ashamed about this if accurate.
  3. I actually did not upgrade to iOS 6 due to my ancient 4th gen probably getting slowed down, loss of the google maps app and loss of the youtube app.
  4. My iphone was originally on 4.3.1 and it was absolutely wonderful. When 5.0 (actually 5.1.1) came out I upgraded because everyone said it was faster. Well that was a bunch of bullsh!T. It was horribly slow even when I turned everything that I don't need off.

I downgraded to 4.3.5 (because those were the only shsh blobs I had). I couldn't be happier. I will never upgrade my device again. I have experienced lots of disappointments from updating my idevices (iphone and ipod touch)
  5. Gamesinner

Gamesinner Newcomer, in training Posts: 71

That's 29% more people who are going to be unhappy because iOS 6 is buggy as hell.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.