iOS 7 finally gets jailbroken, just in time for the holidays

By Scorpus
Dec 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. In time for the holiday season, an iOS 7 jailbreak has been released from the Evasi0n team, supporting all iPhones, iPod touches, iPads and iPad minis running iOS 7.0 to 7.0.4. The jailbreak is untethered, meaning the device its installed...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,869   +345

Make sure you do your research before updating or jailbreaking. For 6.1.x, ih8sn0w has released an untethered jailbreak for A4 devices and plans to release for A5 devices in the next 2 days.

There are unconfirmed rumors that Taig downloads personal info (which wouldnt surprise me) and one guy on twitter who is responsible for the JB package without taig said that "So everyone is aware, evasion can still download new payloads, my patches don’t stop that, they simply remove the taig payload shipped in it"

finally, a reddit poster said that the company responsible for taig is 360 or something like that, and posted to a news article that said how the company in question wants to be the international security company that everyone uses--meaning they would like to OWN your device.

I am by no means saying that this jailbreak is bad or that you are selling your soul if you jailbreak-just warning to be more cautious than you would usually have to.

Personally, im waiting a few days for ih8sn0w's A5 unthethered jailbreak. but if iOS 7 is your cup of tea good ahead. Its just mostly pointless right now as you know, no one was told about this release so not even cydia is properly updated.
  3. TheDreams

TheDreams TechSpot Booster Posts: 467   +43

I wish IOS 7 to Gen 4 :/
  4. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 530   +76

No soup for you.

Plus it will run like S*** anyways apple has made sure of it to force you to upgrade.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.