IP question

I hve a site I like posting on, but the admin has it out for me, long story. I cause no problems. I like to help, it's a help type forum. I want to be invisible to the admin that causes me issues. I've tried different IPs, but somehow he knows it's me and starts the mess all over again. What am I do wrong and just don't understand about being invisible to this forum?

You need to have a conversation with that admin and why or how he's locked you out can't be determined from here

What jobeard says is correct. To the best of my knowledge, if I was invisible in here, Admin still can see me. I too was in a similiar situation, I just got tired of their %$#@ & moved on. You should do same. Have a great day & enjoy TS :)

I came here asking for technical help, not justifying my existence or what I am trying to do. You guys have offered zero technical advice.

I came here asking for technical help, not justifying my existence or what I am trying to do. You guys have offered zero technical advice.
I fully understand what you're saying so I'll put it this way. If you had your own computer forum like this one since you didn't specify what type the other one is, would you truthfully NOT want to know who all is on your forum? (invisible) I doubt that.
Perhaps you should be more specific as to what "technical advice" you want/need.

I don't think it can be solved in a technical aspect. You can actually message the admin to solve that misunderstanding or problem.

The topic is a few months old but I will add my comment anyway, since it has been necro'd. It is the Admin who decides who sees who, not the members. That would defeat the advantages of being admin, if you had no power over other members.

I'll offer you this;
  • use a different browser
  • clear all HISTORY & COOKIES before you make access to the site
This will make the webserver see the connection as a "new user"

There are several programs that will hide your IP address, but the good ones aren't free. I agree with the members who suggest, just move on if they don't want you. I have fought with sites before and even paid for programs that hide your IP address. Now I just move on because you can't reason with some Admins. I have used TOR. Not sure this forum approves of that program. My advise is not to use these programs for malicious reasons. That will only cause you more grief.;)
Could I inquire what forum has banned you?You can get help and give help here on techspot. Good people here.
http://whatismyipaddress.com/hide-ip

I'll offer you this;
  • use a different browser
  • clear all HISTORY & COOKIES before you make access to the site
This will make the webserver see the connection as a "new user"

That may work but whatever forum he is going to, if they are unwilling to talk and reason like toms-hardware higher end staff are.
Its just best to leave them to their show and go somewhere else, some forums will stick cookies to your computer.
Also they make sure to apply it to whatever ip address you have, if he logins with that account.
They will automatically ban or z line again and apply it to the current ip address.

@sticks9999 we don't know the whole problem with you and said so forum admin.
If you have his email address contact him and find out what the problem is.
If he doesn't want to listen or reply back give up on them and find a better forum to go.

IMO, either contact the admin and try to work it out, or move on as other have said. Even technically hiding yourself may not be enough if the admin is astute enough to determine that it is you through your postings. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that your postings, assuming you made any, have the same character no matter where or when or how you are posting.

Another way to look at it is to ask yourself if the content on that site is worth all the hassle you are getting, especially if the admin is not willing to work it out with you. If you obey the rules as you say, then there must be something else going on, or the admin of that site is, in reality, a total jerk.

Hi I agree with all the above posts. You might try logging on with a Facebook, twitter, or Google account. Sorry for late reply.

Back