IP yust Changed? Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelsdyr

Hello!
My Ip adress yust changed not so long ago. It had XXX.XXX.XXX.X Letters in it but now only XX.X.X.X Letters. Internett connection is still good and all,
but since it has changed I can`t create game anymore.(servers) Like on games like warcraft3. Yust dosent work. Also my Torrents arent getting connection, it says I need to open a Port, although I am not using any Router, am direcly connected.
I know from before that this community is very helpsome, so I turned to you for help, after failing other places. Hope you have any answers, sorry if I dident explain it well.
Thank you for ur care!!

PS:
(maybe the IP change is not the problem here?)

You have 0 thru 254 to use..

IP 254.254.254.254

You must state what you want to be more clear, you need to relax and state what you want.

What sort of internet connection do you have? Also, the real IP addresses instead of XXX would be helpful..

Some ISPs use private IP ranges for all their clients, making them all run behind a huge NAT. Maybe they just changed policies in your case?

Hello again.
I found out that the reson my Ip changed was beacuse the company I got the internet from selled it to another company, so it changed to 10.0.0.1
I found this out by calling them, I aslo asked them why I am not able to create games on warcraft 3, they dident have a clue.
On torrent programs I get a messagge that saids that I need to open ports so I can become "connectable" although as mentiond I dont use any router.
I am directly connected with the internet. As for FireWalls, I use Norman, I aslo deleted my firewall to see of it helped, but had the same problem. Dont have the Windows firewall on. Thank you very much.

Sorry for bad info I had, please let me know if you need more info.

... so it changed to 10.0.0.1... I am directly connected with the internet.
No, I don't think you are. 10.0.0.1 is used for private networks, but not for public Internet access. In fact, 10.0.0.1 is usually a router/gateway address.

If you're IP address is truly 10.0.0.1, which is should not be, then your computer possibly has some sort of routing software installed, you are connected to a router or your modem may do some basic routing, which means you would indeed need to forward ports.

I'd like you to copy and paste your ipconfig here. Start > Run > cmd [enter] and type ipconfig /all. Right click on the command window title bar and click on "Edit" , "Select All" and right click anywhere on the highlighted text... this will copy everything to your clipboard. Paste those results here.

Also, give us the model of your modem. If you can please, explain your setup... how things are connected.. If it seems relevant.

Hallo again, I think I wrote wrong Ip, sorry, the correct one is listet down.

As how the cables are connected they are alright, the company asked me this already. Modem is = Allied Telesyn AT-RG634
The IpConfig= ( :D )
Microsoft Windows XP [Versjon 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corporation

D:\Documents and Settings\Egzi>ipconfig /all

Windows IP-konfigurasjon

Vertsnavn . . . . . . . . . . . : egzi-29e5f8d77a
Primær DNS-suffiks . . . . . . . :
Nodetype . . . . . . . . . . . . : Ukjent
IP-ruting aktivert . . . . . . . : Nei
WINS Proxy aktivert. . . . . . . : Nei

Ethernet-kort Lokal tilkobling:

Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks :
Beskrivelse . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900-basert PCI Fast Ethernet-kort

Fysisk adresse . . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-76-4F-A7-AF
DHCP aktivert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert: Ja
IP-adresse . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.101
Nettverksmaske . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Standard gateway . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
DHCP-server. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
DNS-servere. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
Leasingavtale mottatt. . . . . . : 28. november 2006 16:53:52
Leasingavtale utgår. . . . . . . : 28. november 2006 17:53:52

D:\Documents and Settings\Egzi>
Hope it helps, thanks!

10.0.0.101 suggests you are behind a router/gateway. Can you type in 10.0.0.1 into the Internet Explorer address bar and press enter? What happens?

I'm hoping a router configuration page appears. Even though you may not have a router exactly, your modem may be acting as one.

http://www.alliedtelesyn.com/products/details.aspx?500

Yes, your modem is a router (Also referred to as a 'gateway'). Typing in the IP address of your gateway should take you to a configuration page where you can setup port forwarding etc.. You may also be able to make the gateway act as a modem only, which may be desirable for you.

If you are unable to get anything out of typing 10.0.0.1 in your browser, check out the product manual which is located in the 'Product Support' tab in the link above.

Hello, Thanks.

I was unable to get anything by typing 10.0.0.1 in my browser. I read through the product manuals two times, but dident any issue near my problem.
I connected another pc to the modem yust to make sure that there is nothing wrong with my Pc, but had the same problems with the other Pc as well.

Any Ide what I could do next? Thanks for all the help already given!

It could be that your modem is being administered from the outside by your ISP and any kind of configuration by you is blocked. This is the only explanation to the automatic IP change really.

You can try telnetting to the router or using HTTPS of course..

Hello. Aha that could be so, ille call them tomorrow and ask if this is true.

HTTPS? can u please explain. If the ISP is the problem here, then I doubt that they would change there settings.
Hope there is a way to fix this, thanks for all the help so far :)

Nodsu said:
It could be that your modem is being administered from the outside by your ISP and any kind of configuration by you is blocked.

This appears very possible. I just skimmed through the manual myself and at the end it says, "In the event of any problem please contact your service provider or installer.". Telnet it is.... :)

Forwarding ports is a perfectly legitimate request, so I think that will be okay. If it looks like you're going to be stuck with blocked ports forever, you can always invest in a new modem (well, probably...)

Also, if you remember your old IP address, you should be able to set it manually without ever fooling with the router, assuming your gateway is still has the same DHCP scope. I'm willing to bet your old IP address was 10.0.0.100 and if ports are already forwarded to that IP (and while I don't think so, maybe your ISP assigned DMZ for .100), then your program and game servers will work fine. But it used to work, so there are some possibilities out there.

Here's how to set IP address manually in XP: http://www.hotcomm.com/FAQ/FAQ_staticIPXP.asp#static_assign

Hello thanks:)

I have tried to change to the old Ip address in that way before, but it dident work )= . So I guess the only way left is to call them, or buy a new modem, wich I am not so willingly to do, maybe treath by "changing" ISP and see what happens:p
So this two things are the only problem solvers? (either they open ports or I get new modem/new ISP)

Thanks!

Ok Men! Thank you Rick and Nodsu for all your help!!

I`ll let you know if the problem is solved: )

Thanks a lot for your precius time!!

Hello again:)

I called them and they gave me a new IP that I needed to set manually, as you had said before:)
So it got fixed and the problem was solved, thanks to your great work!
Thanks so much! Lovely Site with lovely People!!
Greets Pelsdyr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back