TechSpot

iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 inadvertently leaked in iTunes

By Shawn Knight
Oct 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Product leaks are often credited to supply chain insiders or other unnamed sources but every so often, a company flubs by posting something online ahead of schedule. Such was the case Wednesday with Apple's upcoming iPad refresh.

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

The existing product is already so good, it is tough to innovate further:

- Touch ID;
    - Better battery;
    - Newer OS;
    - More RAM (2GB);
    - Faster processor;
    - Buttons rearrangement for easier use;
    - A little thinner and lighter;

I believe this to be the complete list, as far as the hardware goes. Let's see tomorrow if I was right.

Jad Chaar and Julio Franco like this.
  3. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 752   +273

BS it was inadvertently leaked... just like every other year.....

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Totally. I love my Air. I hate how they are getting rid of the mute switch though. I wonder if that will be the case.

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

(I'm surprised... I just read a whole article about Apple on Techspot without being reminded that they're based in Cupertino.)

I don't believe in firsthand leaks either. I'd guess the point of the leak is to set the expectations bar low so they can impress us with something that was left out of the leak.

Uh... they could maybe put in more storage than the original iPad? They've had what... 5 or 6 ipad generations and they're STILL selling them with 16GB base?! No matter how much you love your iPad, you've gotta admit, it's a little ridiculous to still be charging the same $100 per 16GB of storage in late 2014 as they did in early 2010.

Hexic likes this.
  6. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

Back then they were charging $100 for every extra 16GB of storage. It is much cheaper now, with 128GB option being the cheapest / per GB ;)