iPad glitch/virus- what do I do?

PurpaFur

About 6 months ago, I played a video from facebook that redirected me to a site I have never seen before. This site had a video player on it, and when I clicked play, it started right up no problem. about a minute into the short clip, my screen suddenly stopped, and started blinking from full brightness to minimum repeatedly. (Wierd thing is that it is not the whole screen. It is always a different randomized chunk) After pressing the home button, nothing happened. Strangely enough, when I held the home button to activate siri, the sound of her voice could be heard, but sstill with the video player screen up. This screen, I found, would not leave even if I turned my iPad off then on again with a single press of the sleep/wake button. When I pressed the sleep/wake button to go to my passcode screen, the screen immediately went straight to the blinking image of the player. I later found that the only way too temporarily clear this glitch is to perform a force restart. The iPad will then funtion normally. That is, until some random time when I'm watching a video with the full screen up (This does not happen every time, just every once in a long while). About a week later I found that a few things had changed on my iPad: I could no longer save any new events to my calender or reminders, and keyboard shortcuts could be created, but once they are made, they can not be deleted (They CAN be deleted, technically, but after restarting the iPad they come back). After about two weeks of this irratating glitch, it came less and less frequently until there was about a 4 month break. Then, last week, it happened again. I have no clue what to do about it, other than reseting my iPad, and there is no way I'm doing that, because I never backed it up.

My iPad specifications:

iPad type: iPad 3rd Generation without cellular
iOS: 8.3
Model: MC706LL/A

Connect to iTunes and perform a Reset - - you will lose all content, but the machine will get a refresh of the standard system.

Unknown and not documented anywhere (that I can find).

I had to reset an iPad just last week to clear settings of a previous owner.

Think about that - - you have bad content causing the problem. Saving it and restoring brings you back to the same place you are now.

Yes it's sad and you might say, yah but I know x,y,z are safe. Mabe, maybe not. Much of your content should already be within iTunes or iCloud, so personally, I would reset and then recover what I could.

My iPad has an App for pictures and the pics are not managed via iTune, so a reset of my iPad would be manually reloading them from the PC.

Back