iPad mini with Retina display now available, starts at $399

Scorpus

Staff member

ipad retina apple tablet apple store ipad mini ipad mini with retina

Apple has today opened its online doors for people wanting to purchase an iPad mini with Retina display. The 7.9-inch device is available in a number of countries worldwide, ranging from $399 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi model, to $829 for a 128 GB model with LTE.

The new iPad mini's Retina display comes with a resolution of 2048 x 1536, the same as the iPad Air, but as the display is just 7.9-inches in size, it equates to 326 pixels per inch. Internally there's also a 64-bit Apple A7 SoC, M7 motion coprocessor, 1 GB of RAM, and a 23.8 Wh battery in a body that's 7.5mm thick.

Currently the iPad mini with Retina display is in stock in most countries, shipping in 1-3 days for 16 GB and 32 GB models, and 5-10 for all others. However it's unclear just how long the tablets will stay in stock, with supply shortages potentially a problem. If you're eyeing off a tablet for yourself, or for the holiday season, it might be wise to place your order sooner rather than later.

And of course, don't forget to check back in the coming weeks for our reviews of both the iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retina display.

Permalink to story.

That's not very competitive on the low end price scale. But the high end price is about typical of 128 GB devices.

I'm still shocked that 128 GB devices command so much more money than the low end tablet. And a 16GB starting size should be thrown out. The OS will take about 3+ Gigs of my storage making that remaining 12 - 13 GB a feel like I'm not getting my full dollar's worth.

Apple does love their suckers who pay the same for a smaller screen. Nexus 7 $229 is still the better tablet, people just keep being told that Apple is better because they have nothing better to do and they are obviously bias.

Back