iPad mini with Retina display now available, starts at $399

By Scorpus
Nov 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has today opened its online doors for people wanting to purchase an iPad mini with Retina display. The 7.9-inch device is available in a number of countries worldwide, ranging from $399 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi model, to $829...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,791   +702

Gee thanks for the heads up Tim but I think I'll pass on this. In fact I think I'll pass on all Apple products.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 939   +82

That's not very competitive on the low end price scale. But the high end price is about typical of 128 GB devices.

I'm still shocked that 128 GB devices command so much more money than the low end tablet. And a 16GB starting size should be thrown out. The OS will take about 3+ Gigs of my storage making that remaining 12 - 13 GB a feel like I'm not getting my full dollar's worth.
  4. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 583   +45

Wow. The fact that it is possible to spend $829 on an iPad mini is disgusting.
  5. Chuck Cortes

Chuck Cortes Newcomer, in training Posts: 53   +13

Apple does love their suckers who pay the same for a smaller screen. Nexus 7 $229 is still the better tablet, people just keep being told that Apple is better because they have nothing better to do and they are obviously bias.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.