TechSpot

'iPad Plus' now rumored to ship with smaller 12.2-inch display, positional stereo speakers

By Shawn Knight
Nov 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. New details on Apple's rumored large-screen iPad have emerged, suggesting a smaller screen than we've been led to believe and a feature that critics have been calling on for years.

Read more

2. Yeah, but does it bend?

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,683   +1,876

At what point will this "rumor", qualify as an honest to God, "leak"? :rolleyes:

4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,424

I don't know who would want a bigger iPad. I have iPad 4, and I definitely do not want a bigger one. For that I have Macbook Pro. A portability device is meant to be portable by definition.

ikesmasher likes this.
  5. It doesn't bend and it doesn't lag

6. captaincranky

Well aren't you a wet blanket? Where's your Apple iSpirit? A stalwart Apple iSumer would want a bigger iPad, then buy a bigger MacBook to compensate.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

If they offer this with 16GB default I am gonna flip a table...

8. I would take sd card support over an extra speaker. Come on Apple, add the sd card slot already.

9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

I don't think that is ever going to happen, Apple managed to hold off this long, and now storage is going 'to the cloud'. Even the Nexus 9 dropped the expansion slot.

10. captaincranky

What the heck ever happened to "Universal PnP"? Oh wait, Apple developed all these specialized "devices", that skirt the intent and letter of PnP protocol.

So now, it's off to the cloud with all the good little iSheep. Or perhaps I should say, "the good little iSheep are being herded to the iCloud".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014