iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy

I currently have an iPhone4 and I'm thinking about buying a new smartphone soon. I really can't stand iTunes. Most other devices I have offer drag and drop which is much nicer. Do the Samsung Galaxy phones offer drag and drop in windows explorer, or do you have to use a program like iTunes? Also, if anyone has a Galaxy, since it is larger than the iPhone, does it fit in your pocket comfortably or does it seem too large?

Thanks

My friend has a S4. It fits well in your pocket. The iPhone fits better though (I personally own an iPhone 5). I am not sure about your question of drag and drop, but I can tell you that if you are willing to pay $10 a month, you can get Spotify, which is in the cloud, and does not take up space on your phone. If you do get the S4, put your music on an SD card since the S4 already has little usable space. If you want an iPhone, wait a month or two for the iPhone 5S.

I've been thinking of getting Spotify Premium. I use the free Spotify on my computer and I think it would be really nice to have it on the phone too and without commercials. I guess with Spotify I wouldn't really need to worry about putting music on the phone. I'll probably end up sticking with the iPhone but waiting for the 5S like you said. Thanks for the info.

Well, just to offer a different opinion. I currently use a Samsung Note II. While, it's much larger than the S3 and S4 the feature set is relatively the same. Plus, I've extensively demoed the S4 (Girlfriend owns one) as I was going to upgrade to the device.

When it comes to media, it all can be done via drag and drop straight to your on-device storage or an SD card. I personally use Spotify premium as it allows for offline playing of your playlists.

As for the Galaxy handsets having "Little usable" space, I'd have to disagree. Much like other handsets these days, they come in the 8,16,32GB variations. So, it wouldn't be any different than they're apple counterpart. If anything, I've actually notice IOS uses a little more space than the average android install.

In regards to size and comfort, that's all something that varies with each person. But, I'll say that the S4 does fit well in your pocket and operates with 1 hand very easily. Couple with ease of use and the versatile customization options that come with android. I'd say the S4 would be a pretty good candidate.

If you hate iTunes then it's probably worth checking out the S3/S4. You can just drag and drop your music, photos, videos etc. via a USB cable rather than going through the horrific experience that is iTunes. I've never looked back since switching from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S3.

The size takes a little getting used to (about a week) but the phone fits into trousers and jeans pockets easily and after a while 4 inch screens just look tiny in comparison :)

Also things like a micro SD card slot and replacement battery come in very useful.

Thanks for all of the information. It was very helpful. I'm not sure which way I'm going to go now but I'm going to look into the Galaxy more seriously after reading your posts.

I use s4 and iphone 5 I agree and my personal phone is 4s and I love it but I got to agree with slh28 itunes is soooo anoying I hate having to use it and just for that reason alone am looking at switching..

I recently switched from iPhone 4S to HTC One Android and I'm pretty much happy with my decision. Such a relief from Apple's closed ecosystem :p

I use s4 and iphone 5 I agree and my personal phone is 4s and I love it but I got to agree with slh28 itunes is soooo anoying I hate having to use it and just for that reason alone am looking at switching..

iTunes is fine, but unless you buy music, it is a pain.

I use 4s very easily to use as s4. The android connect to computer more easy than iOs. But the machine using I think the iPhone is better.

..err, I guess iPhone is using gorilla glass too, right? :)

I'm 100% positive that everything before 4S was not Gorrilla... heck even 4S is probably not. It is 'toughened glass' as advertised, but in no spec sheet is it listed as Gorilla nor does it contain any specifications on the actual glass.

As for iPhone 5 - no idea, I stopped caring about the phone when it was announced. :(

Back