iPhone 6s breaks sales record, sells 13 million units in three days

Scorpus

Staff member

The launch of the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus has been the biggest yet, with Apple announcing that they've broken their sales record by selling 13 million new iPhones in the three days after its launch late last week.

Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a statement that sales for the new iPhones "have been phenomenal", with new features such as 3D Touch and Live Photos proving popular with consumers. The company is now preparing to launch the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus in an additional 40 countries on October 9th, where even more sales are expected.

Launching the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus in China alongside the United States and other key markets is part of the reason why this launch weekend has been so successful for Apple. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus launch was delayed in China last year, although the company still managed to sell 10 million devices in its opening weekend.

While the 6s and 6s Plus don't introduce a ton of new features or a radically new design, there are enough changes that make it worth upgrading from previous iPhones. Both phones come with 3D Touch and new 12-megapixel cameras, alongside Apple's A9 SoC that has proven to be one of the fastest SoCs currently on the market.

Permalink to story.

My hope for humanity is quickly fading. My god man, cant people just pick up another phone, any other phone purely for the sake of diversity? I wouldn't mind so much if IOS was available to install on other hardware, not that I would install it myself but at least it would be an option. The world has Windows running on virtually every desktop and laptop out there, but at least you have options. I can understand the simplicity of having a common base (the OS) for software to run, but hardware is not subject to the same kind of requirements beyond industry standards. Even in the times when Nokia was king and everyone had one at least no two people had the same model, there was diversity even when people were using the same manufacturer. Same with Windows mobile and Android, there is diversity in the hardware they can run on. It sickens me that people would stand in queues for hours, days even, for something that probably cost a 20th of the price you are paying for it to make, not including your life wasted in that queue. I guess that old adage of a fool and his money holds true. When walking through shopping malls all I see are people using Samsung Galaxy phones, and Apple iPhones. Its for that primary reason, among many others mind you, that I go out of my way to buy Lumia phones. Not everyone has one, doing so means I don't conform to the crowd mentality (I.e. My friend has one, so I guess I should too: you know who you are), when passing them, the iSheep and Samsunites look on in confusion as they are exposed to world beyond their narrow view, many of which are amazed by the ease of use of my device (pretty hilarious to behold actually).

If you already have a Windows or Android device there's no sane reason to downgrade to an Apple one.
I have a Galaxy Nexus right now and I'm going to get an iPhone. The Nexus never ran very well, devours even the bigger battery I got for it, and was cut off from OS updates at 4.2.2 and I never rooted my phone or whatever.

I thought about going with a Windows phone to go with my Surface Pro 2 and keep everything in the same ecosystem, but not after MS decided to ease out of the phone hardware business with thousands of layoffs.

So I can either spin the Android roulette or I can go with a known quantity in the iPhone. I'll also point out that anyone who has an iPhone and has spent a lot of money on apps probably has a good reason right there to stay with the iPhone.

Sold to individuals, or sold to stores/warehouses? Big difference.
Sold to people is one thing, but if those are all sold to distributors, Amazon
and the like, what if they are not actually put into the hands of people.

Isn't it interesting that Apple started suing Samsung in April of 2011.... Look at a smartphone sales chart and you'll see why.

Apple can't handle the competition, that's why.

I have a Galaxy Nexus right now and I'm going to get an iPhone. The Nexus never ran very well, devours even the bigger battery I got for it, and was cut off from OS updates at 4.2.2 and I never rooted my phone or whatever.

I thought about going with a Windows phone to go with my Surface Pro 2 and keep everything in the same ecosystem, but not after MS decided to ease out of the phone hardware business with thousands of layoffs.

So I can either spin the Android roulette or I can go with a known quantity in the iPhone. I'll also point out that anyone who has an iPhone and has spent a lot of money on apps probably has a good reason right there to stay with the iPhone.
Don't be so hasty. Don't do something you're gonna regret later. With Apple you're paying a helluva lot for nothing particularly special. If I were you I'd wait a few hours then clock out the new Nexus (I never knew a Galaxy Nexus even existed), or even check out the new Motorola's if OS updates is a big thing for you, at least you're guaranteed OS updates for the minimum of 2 years after which why the hell should you care, just buy a new device again.
Obviously you pay your money and the choice is yours.

Now where are the sales figure for the galaxy devices?
it has been a month already.

some forum members are clueless why Apple is the king in premium category.

some forum members are clueless why Apple is the king in premium category.

Maybe because an iPhone is more of a status symbol?

There's no case in denying that apple is king regarding sales profits, but other than that, the majority of the market share belongs to android.

I do love apple's focus in doing well what they do, but outside that, they'd rather not doing it at all instead of trying to. Love the responsiveness of the camera app, and the easy access to the light tool from the lockscreen, something that my G3 won't do from factory.

But also, I hate that they won't allow me to drag and drop files directly into the phone, transferring files through bluetooth (not that common anymore), creating separate folders for my images, playing videos in other than proprietary formats, etc.

iPhones are good phones IMO, but the price is set by the status that it gives you.

If you can afford it go for the iphone and you will never go back to installing cynogen, dealing with updates, etc. Life is simple dont waste your time with complicated phones. Dont be primitive with the stigmata that technology loving people chooses android.

and Do a jailbreak and install mods. and you will see why apple's software and hardware is the best out there.

Back