iPhone 6s Plus Review: Apple's best yet

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Apple introduced its “s” model for iPhones in 2009. The label, which originally stood for speed, is now used to signify a “tock” in Apple’s annual tick-tock release cadence. Such models are typically characterized by modest refinements and while they afford at least one defining feature (the iPhone 4s introduced Siri, the 5s delivered Touch ID), they aren’t known for generating the same sort of fanfare as number updates.

At first glance, the new batch of iPhones appear to adhere to what we’ve come to expect from an evolutionary update but as the saying goes, looks can be deceiving.

The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus share much of the same hardware with the usual improvements to performance and camera quality. Apple has also thrown in some noteworthy upgrades like its marquee 3D Touch feature.

Read the complete review.

Oh for some science education these days. Aluminium IS just Aluminium there aren't different types of Aluminium it is a basic chemical element. I think what you actually mean is that the phone is now using a different Aluminium ALLOY to that used before, in fact it is an Aluminium/Zinc ALLOY.

(Unless of course you actually do mean that Apple are producing radioactive phones by using an isotope of Aluminium.)

Still a thing of beauty though, pity it is way overpriced and far too locked down (aka walled garden).

I've used a mobile device since '93. Am I the only one whose ever been fortunate enough to have never dropped their phone onto anything solid let alone into a crapper?
I always keep my mobile in a case but I'll bet if I didn't I'd be dropping it all over the show. Murphy's law.

I've used a mobile device since '93. Am I the only one whose ever been fortunate enough to have never dropped their phone onto anything solid let alone into a crapper?
I always keep my mobile in a case but I'll bet if I didn't I'd be dropping it all over the show. Murphy's law.

I NEVER dropped my phone - EVER - as well... until a few weeks ago.... I had my 6Plus sitting in my car and for some *****ic reason, when I got out of my car, instead of simply taking my phone and putting it into my pocket, THEN leaving my car... I decided to open my door first, then take my phone and throw it out of my car, face down onto the sidewalk (no, I didn't do this on purpose, it slipped out of my hand!)....

$250 to fix an iPhone screen :(

I NEVER dropped my phone - EVER - as well... until a few weeks ago.... I had my 6Plus sitting in my car and for some *****ic reason, when I got out of my car, instead of simply taking my phone and putting it into my pocket, THEN leaving my car... I decided to open my door first, then take my phone and throw it out of my car, face down onto the sidewalk (no, I didn't do this on purpose, it slipped out of my hand!)....

$250 to fix an iPhone screen :(
Tsk tsk. It's unfortunate but it does happen, no matter how careful you are. :D I've been very, very lucky so far. (y)

far too locked down (aka walled garden).
Hello Android user, it's only Android users who seem to keep trotting this statement out when talking about the iPhone whereas most people (including myself) who actually use the iPhone have no problems with it. It does what we want and need it to do. What more could I ask for? Not everyone is interested in tweaking this, that, or the other thing on our devices; some of us just want it to work with questions asked. For those people who simply want their device to work, Apple is it.

You are one of the few. I've dropped 2 of the 3 phones I've ever owned on multiple occasions. Interestingly enough, I've dropped my iPhone 4 more than 7 times onto hard surfaces (hardwood, concrete, etc.) and it still works like day one.

My brother actually dropped his iPhone 6 onto a concrete floor from more than 16ft recently. Otterbox saved it from any damage. (<-- this is the shameless advertisement portion of the reply. PM me to learn how to make an extra $4,000 per month using a neat trick employers don't want you to know about.)

far too locked down (aka walled garden).
Hello Android user, it's only Android users who seem to keep trotting this statement out when talking about the iPhone whereas most people (including myself) who actually use the iPhone have no problems with it.

Give the guy a break. Brand identity is a very serious condition.

I dropped my cellphone into water once, but it wasn't a smartphone back then. So took it out, used a hair drier, and after a while it turned on again. I guess simple things are tougher, haha.....

Back