iPhone video oddity

learninmypc

I'm sure you've all seen those iPhone videos that were incorrectly taked vertically, well a few days ago I sent a friend a video of myself holding the iPhone horizontally with the volume buttons on the bottom & he told me it was upside down yet when I recorded the 4th of July fireworks show off my monitor, it came out fine & I did it the same way.
So why is it when I did the video the buttons needed to be on top??? I have an iPhone4 ??? :confused:

I think the volume buttons have to be on the top to have an upright photo and video, hence why you can use them to snap a photo. I would just remember that since you can use the volume buttons to snap a photo, they should be on the top.

But then again, it should rotate the videos on his end based on his orientation... very weird.

For photos I always have the buttons at bottom & no problem, its just videos & for unknown reasons I can't upload it here. Its only 8 seconds long.

@JC713, I think I need to clarify my info; perhaps I'm confusing things. On the 4th of July, I recorded the KIRO 4th fireworks by using my iPhone & holding it as still as I could with the volume buttons in the lower left . When I play it back, it plays normal but when I made the selfie video of myself the SAME way & emailed it to my friends email address NOT ON IPHONE but webmail, he said it was fine but upside down. I'm sorry if I didn't clarify it better in this thread. :) Thank you.

Back