TechSpot

iPhone video oddity

By learninmypc
Jul 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I'm sure you've all seen those iPhone videos that were incorrectly taked vertically, well a few days ago I sent a friend a video of myself holding the iPhone horizontally with the volume buttons on the bottom & he told me it was upside down yet when I recorded the 4th of July fireworks show off my monitor, it came out fine & I did it the same way.
    So why is it when I did the video the buttons needed to be on top??? I have an iPhone4 ??? :confused:

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

I think the volume buttons have to be on the top to have an upright photo and video, hence why you can use them to snap a photo. I would just remember that since you can use the volume buttons to snap a photo, they should be on the top.

But then again, it should rotate the videos on his end based on his orientation... very weird.

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,310   +238

For photos I always have the buttons at bottom & no problem, its just videos & for unknown reasons I can't upload it here. Its only 8 seconds long.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,026   +913

Weird. Yeah like I said, it should auto-adjust on his end.

5. learninmypc

Ok, thanks.

6. learninmypc

@JC713, I think I need to clarify my info; perhaps I'm confusing things. On the 4th of July, I recorded the KIRO 4th fireworks by using my iPhone & holding it as still as I could with the volume buttons in the lower left . When I play it back, it plays normal but when I made the selfie video of myself the SAME way & emailed it to my friends email address NOT ON IPHONE but webmail, he said it was fine but upside down. I'm sorry if I didn't clarify it better in this thread. :) Thank you.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.