iPod not detected after reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt

Hi,
I just reformatted my computer with Windows Xp Home Service Pack 2. And after I did, and installed ALL drivers, my Ipod nano 4G is not recognized anymore. I looked in my device manager, and it doesnt show up there anymore. Weird eh? Thanks for the help everyone.

Salt.

P.S. I didnt know whether to post this in driver problems or OS so I just posted here. Sorry for any inconvenience I may cause anyone.

Do you connect it to USB port? Or a IEEE 1394/firewire port?
Do you connect directly to port on computer or a hub (try direct to computer, no hubs)
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (It may take a short while till a second window opens)
  • Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post

All usb hubs are problem components.

USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB\4&38691F99&0 39
USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB\4&18A0F2E1&0 39
USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB\4&2E103B54&0 39
USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&E4FCEA8&0 39
USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB\4&160CC002&0 39
USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB\4&21B39976&0 39
USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB\4&350D1073&0 39
USB Root Hub USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&20D5FF8F&0 39

Thanks for all you have done so far. Hope this will help get it fixed.

As i read it, all those Root Hubs (hubs implemented by the software and that's whaere they "logically" exist. They're not external hardware hubs you've attached) aren't working right. XP indicates error code 39

fyi.. you can look up XP error codes/possible solutions here

As for your next steps see this link

Then look in link above for the sections as named below. Use the steps given for each and do the sections in the order listed below. Also after each one is tried, rerun the msinfo32 report to see if any of the line items have been removed / changed or still the same report
- Remove and reinstall all USB controllers
- Malfunctioning or incorrectly-configured hardware
- Incorrectly-configured root hub

Problem Solved.

Thanks a lot LookinAround. You just made my day.
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the first usb root hub, and it fixed all of them.

Merry Christmas.

Salt

happy to hear your problem is solved! :grinthumb

Even happier it was fixed with one of simpler solutions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back