iPod problems possibley PSU or Ram Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I bought my iPod mini about this year January, i went to plug it in and it cut out my computer the whole thing just lost power or summit without warning. I later charged it and it was ok so i put up with it. But then as per usual iPod's with there Lithium Ion batteries went bad and lost some charge, therefore my method no longer worked so when i plug my iPod Mini into my computer it trips/cuts the power out. The only way i can get my computer back on it by unplugging the cable plugging back into wall then unplugging from PSU (blowing on it :S) and plugging back in. i am running 2 harddrives of 120GB, 1024mb Ram a 5600xt geforce graphics and thats about it apart from about 8 2.0 USBS

Cheers any Q's email me @ mystikal.evo@gmail.com ill keep checking the thread.

Jack

Sounds like your PSU is tripping the protection switch. This means there's a short somewhere.....

Does this happen with other USB devices? I'm willing to bet your iPod has an electronics problem opr your cable is shorted.

It sounds like your PSU simply can't handle the extra load. At least that is one possibility.

You have 8 USB devices plugged in? Try taking as many of those out, and seeing if that solves your problem temporarily. If it does, then you know you are stressing your PSU too much.

no i only have 2 USB devices plugged in which are my Microsoft Laser 6000 mouse and a Epson CX5400 printer but i have tried unplugging all the devices apart from my mouse and it still cuts it out, how do i find out if i have a short? i think my PSU may just be faulty, i have heard Q-Tec's arent the best and if it keeps tripping out it cant be doing much good.

Thx for the the help

ok since i posted last night i had a friend over and we checked all the connections. he also put in his usb devices and it cut the computer out. we finally decided that it was the PSU but im not sure.

You think that maybe my comp keeps turning off when i plug something in
because the PSU is fried or there is some sort of short circuit in it? If i fit a new identical 450W q-tec psu do you think it will sort it, atleast i will get and idea what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back