TechSpot

IPv6, 6to4, and Other Networking Issues

1. So I now realized that disabling the Teredo Tunneling service/adapter in Device Manager might have been a bad mistake. Had some scary moments where I was not sure if my computer wasn't accepting the new connection, or my wireless USB adapter was dying.

I enabled 6to4 I believe, and IPv6 through a step I found here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nterface/754c8f29-3a87-4e77-babd-a69c8910e17e

Though I'm noticing that the adapter for the Teredo Tunneling Service still says it won't start. (Error 10) and whenever I try to update the drivers it says they are up to date.

So I'm not sure if checking my registry (my current step I am on) will fix the Tunneling service and help stabilize my PCs connection, or if it's going to patch one thing but leave this service dangling by a thread not doing anything.

Any advice and maintenance tips would be very appreciated! Still trying to get this working so I can take some online IT courses.

2. Scot G. Russian

Scot G. Russian TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 74

Update: I followed the rest of the steps and updated the registry to allow IPv6. From there things seemed more stable but when I check the network status after the net going down it says IPv6 doesn't connect. When I tried troubleshooting (the auto troubleshooting function of Win7) I got a BSOD:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

the other photo is blurry, but later I can try and upload a photo via photobucket for anyone to check out. As per a google search on what the BSOD is, I found it stopped 4-5 services and shut down. (really long hex codes.)

one sort of looks like: 0xFFFFF0200220550F, but the quality isn't that great, and I have no idea if that's accurate.

I'll check my dump file I copy-pasted and post later. Any advice and help would be appreciated!