TechSpot

IPv6, 6to4, and Other Networking Issues

1. So I now realized that disabling the Teredo Tunneling service/adapter in Device Manager might have been a bad mistake. Had some scary moments where I was not sure if my computer wasn't accepting the new connection, or my wireless USB adapter was dying.

I enabled 6to4 I believe, and IPv6 through a step I found here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...nterface/754c8f29-3a87-4e77-babd-a69c8910e17e

Though I'm noticing that the adapter for the Teredo Tunneling Service still says it won't start. (Error 10) and whenever I try to update the drivers it says they are up to date.

So I'm not sure if checking my registry (my current step I am on) will fix the Tunneling service and help stabilize my PCs connection, or if it's going to patch one thing but leave this service dangling by a thread not doing anything.

Any advice and maintenance tips would be very appreciated! Still trying to get this working so I can take some online IT courses.

2. Scot G. Russian

Scot G. Russian TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 75

Update: I followed the rest of the steps and updated the registry to allow IPv6. From there things seemed more stable but when I check the network status after the net going down it says IPv6 doesn't connect. When I tried troubleshooting (the auto troubleshooting function of Win7) I got a BSOD:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

the other photo is blurry, but later I can try and upload a photo via photobucket for anyone to check out. As per a google search on what the BSOD is, I found it stopped 4-5 services and shut down. (really long hex codes.)

one sort of looks like: 0xFFFFF0200220550F, but the quality isn't that great, and I have no idea if that's accurate.

I'll check my dump file I copy-pasted and post later. Any advice and help would be appreciated!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.