iRiver/Toshiba Drive Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks:
This is my first post here, so please be gentle.

I have an iRiver H-140 MP3 player. It has a Toshiba MK4004GAH 40GB hard drive, and it's full. Tos has come out with a 120GB drive that has the same case size: MK1214GAH. Okay, so it will FIT in my player but my question is:

Will it WORK? I looked all over the Tos site and I get the specs on a n MK4006GAH, but no MK4004GAH and there is no way to ask them a simple question. BAD.

So if any of you have experience upgrading MP3 players with internal 1.8" drives, PLEASE HELP ME.

CarolinaGirl

Can't you back up the iRiver H-140 MP3 player, and clear of it's hard drive? The 2 drives are both 40GB. They are interchangeable

I Would But...

I've RockBox'ed my player and I use it to play lossless tunes. It does, after all have a optical in/out and can store data files as well. So between FLAC (lossless) tunes and some gfx/data files (most of the space is taken with FLAC). By the way, if you haven't tried RockBox, you are really missing something good. Heck, I might even buy an iPod if it had a little better sound output (it would be like putting white wall tires on a dump truck).

you should be able to remove the drive and clone it with proportional allocation. I don't see this being difficult, just time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back