Irql not less or equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueScreenOMFG

ok, when i have been searching for some files across the internet, the blue screen of death just suddenly came up. I turned off the computer and turned it back on, but after the opening screen (with the bar and 3 green squares flowing across it) the Blue Screen comes back on. I did this like 5 times, and the blue screen keeps coming on. The computer doesn't even reach the Desktop.

I tried safe mode and that didn't work. However, the "Debugging mode" works which is how i am typing this right now.

Is there a virus in my computer?

How do i fix this?

btw I added a webcam to my computer, but I uninstalled it from the computer because it didn't work well

Does the Blue Screens give any error codes and if so what are they? They often will give drivers as well. Give us those if you have them.

Irql not less or equal

is the only thing that comes up

do you need those numbers on the bottom of the blue screen?

is this a virus?

No, don't need the numbers. That error code is an 0xA and they are either caused by hardware or drivers attempting an IRQ Level that is higher than they a right to address. For your next response...

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Two errors are 0xA and they cite the Windows core driver haldll as the issue. But Windows OS drivers are often too general to be of much help.

However, I think it would help you to at least gain some knowledge of what it does. See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_library_files

Your third error is 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

Again a Windows driver was cited. But another item that could not be loaded is cnwhlppf.sys or cnwh1ppf.sys The reason I listed it twice was because I didn't know if after the h it is a one (1) or a lower case L.

The reason I am not sure is because there is absolutely nothing on the internet concerning either spelling. Absolutely nothing; I am amazed because even though I have come close in some instances of not finding anything there has always been something.

Which brings us to the question you raised: Are you infected? There is always the strong possibility you are so I recommend you go to our Virus and Malware forum and read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky and follow it step by step -- DON'T skip any steps and when you finish post on that forum with the three required logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back