TechSpot

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help!

By darkzebra
Jan 16, 2008
  1. hello everyone!

uh hey i'm kinda new to techspot.. um yeah i realize u guys must see these error messages all day and i'm sorry for being repetitive, but i'm really stuck and i really need ur help... i'm not really that good with computers, and their related problems so plz i really need some advice..

cool :)

basically i bought a new computer on the 21st of december,

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual
    Core processor 6000+
    3.00Ghz, 2.00Ghz of Ram
    Geforce 8600 GT Graphics card
    Winfast motherboard (761GXM2MA-RS2)
    windows xp pro with SP2

and i've basically had non stop problems with it.. the computer basically gives me at least 2 blue screens of death, or freezes at least twice a day, and all of the blue screen stop errors have been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Page fault in non-paged area errors.. these errors mostly occur while i'm playing games.. but often occur while randomly on the internet or arbing around windows..

my brother told me about this site and said i should attach minidumps, which i've done, but i had 28 to choose from, so i chose one from the 25th of december, the 4th, and one from tonight the 16th.. cuz i've installed different things at different times..

i did take the computer back to the place i got it from and the guy pretty much said it has to be the geforce drivers, processor drivers or the memory.. so i got the latest geforce drivers, windows updates, motherboard drivers, game drivers.. everything.., didn't solve anything so i went back and he ran a crazy video conpatibility application(3dMark06 i think) to test every aspect of the computer, memory cpu and the graphics card and it completly ran through without any problems, without crashing or anything, infact it totally killed it.. so the guy said it must be the games i've been running and it can't be the computer, but i've tried tons of different appz and games and they all do this.. he had no idea how to fix it.. and nor do i...

i have absolutly no idea what to do..

i'm a sound engineer and i need this computer to mix and master albums.. and if i can't get this computer to work properly i can pretty much lose my job.. so please i'd really appreciate your help..

thanks alot!

Mike

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Hi darkzebra, and welcome to TechSpot

To access technical support you will need to go to HERE into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here
    http://www.techspot.com/guides.shtml

This forum is for introductions only as stated above:
    Your technical questions will then be responded to.

3. darkzebra

darkzebra TS Rookie Topic Starter

heh sorry... i i'll post in the right forum..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.