IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Page fault in non-paged area, BSOD msgs, plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone!

uh hey i'm kinda new to techspot.. um yeah i realize u guys must see these error messages all day and i'm sorry for being repetitive, but i'm really stuck and i really need ur help... i'm not really that good with computers, and their related problems so plz i really need some advice..

cool :)

basically i bought a new computer on the 21st of december, its basically meant for work.. but i did get a nice graphics card cuz i thought i'd treat myself to able to play some awesome games out now..

my specs

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual
Core processor 6000+
3.00Ghz, 2.00Ghz of Ram
Geforce 8600 GT Graphics card
Winfast motherboard (761GXM2MA-RS2)
windows xp pro with SP2
Latest Directx, 9.0c

basically i've had non stop problems with it.. the computer basically gives me at least 2 blue screens of death, or freezes at least twice a day, and all of the blue screen stop errors have been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Page fault in non-paged area errors.. these errors mostly occur while i'm playing games.. but often occur while randomly on the internet or arbing around windows..

my brother told me about this site and said i should attach minidumps, which i've done, but i had 28 to choose from, so i chose one from the 25th of december, the 4th, and one from tonight the 16th.. cuz i've installed different things at different times..

i did take the computer back to the place i bought it from and the guy pretty much said it has to be the geforce drivers, processor drivers or the memory.. so i got the latest geforce drivers, windows updates, motherboard drivers,lastest direct x9.0c, and latest game drivers.. everything..,and didn't solve anything.. infact i thought that the latest video drivers might have made things worse.. so i went back and the guy ran a video conpatibility application(3dMark06 i think) to test every aspect of the computer, memory cpu and the graphics card and it completly ran through without any problems, without crashing or anything, infact it totally killed it.. so the guy said it must be the games i've been running and it can't be the computer, but i've tried tons of different appz and games and they all do this.. he had no idea how to fix it.. also often when the machine gets a blue screen, i restart it and it usually crashes again as soon as it gets back into windows.. once and sometime twice.. before windows srtas up properly again..

Error Info

on one of the occasions before i took it back i wrote down the stop error info..

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

techinfo:
STOP : 0x00000050(0XFFFFFFFF,0X00000000,0XB6DEE6CD,0X00000000)

avg7core.sys - Address B6DEE6CD base at B6D4D000, Data Stamp 470CFC8B

the problem files are often different too.. the most recent problem file i got was usbehci.sys..

i have absolutly no idea what to do..

um after readin though a few threads, i read alot about disabling memory caching, or hyperthreading.. and also extending page limits? which i didn't undertsnad.. so i restarted the computer and had a look through the bios.. but i dont really know what one(s) to enable/disable.. i thought about having a bash but i thought i didn't really want to mess my computer up any further without knowing exactly which option to change?.. any light on this would be much appreciated?, aswell as possible the power unit not being adequate for the system?.. i have no idea what power unit i have.. is there way to find out in windows?

one stange thing i thought was that i've run a few different games.. like half life 2 and ES2 oblivion, and the most problems i'vc had is is that it freezes for like 4 seconds and then continues.. but with a game like company of heroes.. i can't even make it thourgh the training part withjout it crashing..aswell as cold fear which also gives blue screens.. i dont undertsnad how games like oblivion which are really cpu and graphics intensive give less problems than a game like company of heroes.. which isn't as intensive.. just a thought i guess..

i've just finished downloading a memory testing application(Memtest86) so i'm gonna run that over tonight..

but could anyone add any insight into what the problems might be?, or any procedures i could run to maybe determine what the problem might be?..

i'm a sound engineer and i really need this computer to mix and master albums.. i'd greatly appreciate your help.. i really need to get this fixed as soon as i can...

thanks alot!

and thanks for such a helpful forum!.. i've already learnt a ton just reading through the posts..

Mike

generally caused by bad, failing, or incompatible ram.

Run memtest 86+ booted from a floppy/CD for at least 7 passes.

any errors - replace ram with compatible ram. Read the ram guide in the guides forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back