IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - need help with minidump

I have a Vista system which started to get the dreaded IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error a few days ago. Unfortunately my limited set of tools and skills in this area of diagnositics has not shed much light on which driver is causing the problem. I'm attaching a few of the recent minidump files in the hope that someone can help figure out what I need to kill off or replace to get the system back to stable.

The system will run in safe mode indefinitely, so I don't think it is a hardware problem. I've also tried running on one of the two memory sticks at a time and turning off all servcies which were not started when in safe mode. Neither action helped. The system boots and will get as far as the login screen but before a login can be completed, or if the machine is left sit for another 20 seconds or so, the blue screen will appear.

Any help in understanding the minidump and figuring out what to upgrade/disable/reconfigure is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Vista Minidump.zip
    92.4 KB · Views: 2
"The system will run in safe mode indefinitely, so I don't think it is a hardware problem"...
Safe mode only loads minimal drivers. This could be a video driver problem. What are your computer specs, including the type of video

This is a Sony Vaio VGC-JS160J all-in-one computer (model number PCG-2F2L) which uses Intel Graphics drivers. Device manager lists this as "Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset".

I tried loading the original graphics driver from the Sony support website to see if this helps. No joy, still goes BSOD at the same time as before.

This is why I hoped the minidump would shed some more light on what is happening. When I look at the mini-dump in BlueScreenView all I get is that this was caused by "ntoskrnl.exe+5a490". with address in stack of "ntoskrnl.exe+5a22e".

Back