IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the bother, i know yall have seen alot of ppl posting this issue and i'm not quite sure how i should deal with it. My stop code is as follows

Stop:0x000000D1(0x00380056,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF0D8D1B6

NVTcp.sys - Address F0D8D1B6 base at F0D89000 datestamp 421e79ad

From what i've read here i'm thinking this is the nvidia firewall drivers or related, would this be correct?

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers. In you case it is the driver NVTcp.sys which belongs to your Nvidia firewall. I take it this was installed via your chipset installation disk, correct?

Nvidia's firewall isn't very good and it has caused all kinds of issues over the last few years. Recommendation is to uninstall and get a better option.

Thanks for the quick responce, yes it was installed from the installation disk as my mobo has the nf4 chipset as well as a built-in nvidia nic. Would it be best to just get a new nic card and uninstall the drivers and firewall from my system ya think?

First, the Nf4 chipset Nvidia firewall is something you definitely want to uninstall. It has caused nothing but major headaches. Just unistall the Nvidia firewall drivers; you need the other chipset drivers.

I have an Nvidia nForce 4 board myself and I have had no issues with the NIC itself.

Online Armor has both a $ and free firewall offerings and the new release is only one month old. COMODO (it is free) is another firewall you may want to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back