Irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a new member to this forum......

I bought a new system last week. I have been facing lot of problems since i bought. My confg is 1GB RAM DDR2, 250GB HDD,Intel 965 Mother Board,3.2GHz Dual core processor.
Initially i faced many problems in installing OS.Many files weren't copied.So, my friend had done some changes in BIOS set up and finally installed Windows Media Centre.
After that system is getting restarted many times often.He increased virtual memory.After that for 2 to 3 days that problem was not there.

After that once i gave McAfee virus scan (Update 5063) for whole system. Again system gets restarted with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often....

What should i do.....
Please help me....

Please attach your minidumps so we can take a closer look at what is going on.

How to find minidumps with ">" meaning to click on:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Search for Minidump Folder > the files inside this folder are what we need (not the folder itself). Attach these files to your next reply like you would a Word document to an email.

This is usually a driver and download problem, but could easily be the result of the BIOS changes. Likely McAfee removed something it decided was an infestation, when it probably was not. A fairly common event with McAfee.
We need to know the computer brand and model, or the motherboard part number and brand.
In the meantime, I would begin by setting virtual memory to normal values.
Windows Media Center makes demands different from WXP, so you will need to check the device list then the drivers for them.
Two areas can be helpful in thinking things through: Device manager, and Event Viewer. Start-> Control Panel-> System-> Hardware-> Device Manager then scroll down through the list of devices to look for red or yellow flags... then replacing drivers for anything flagged.
Start-> Administrative Services-> Computer Management-> Event Viewer then scroll down through those lists of events for items in red showing errors, halts, etc. Those that are repeated are deserving of your attention.
When we know more about your system, we can get down to devices and drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back