Is a "regular" monitor good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the pros and cons of having a monitor with a screen that is curved? Is a CRT monitor better? Is a flat panel monitor EVEN better? How does your monitor affect the visual performance of your computer? :bounce:

For gaming a CRT is definently better than any flat panel. A flat CRT would be the best choice.

CRT for gaming definitely. LCDs have to many issues as far as I'm concerned (Dead pixels & viewing angles being 2).
Actually to be honest I'm not really won over by any of the new display devices (Plasmas, etc.). I mean, despite their age, LPs still outsell SACD & DVD-Audio combined. They just sound better apparently.

I really like CRTs, less to deal with, and more monitor for your money :p

I'm using a Multisync 75F happily, but looking to move to something bigger... but the table won't take anything too large, was looking at some 21"s but it won't fit good.

My old Crt blew (1996 gateway) and I went down to my local wal-mart and for $110 I got a KDS usa 17in Flat screen CRT monitor and I like it alot better than my firends 19in LCD, in fact I hate my friends monitor. Horrible for gaming... yet it is easy to carry around. all i would do i throw it off a building...

CRT vs LCD

I have to admit CRTs are better for gaming. The only problem that bothers me is that my old one you had to change the H-position and V-position of the screen for each game. But all around its the best choice. Right now my new Pc has flat screen, its got a dead pixel and you have to look at it directly head on for the best view.

:darth:

CRTs are better, but a good LCD works too. My 16ms 17in LCD plays great, but the colors are a little off, and the contrast in Doom 3 makes it even harder to see. I hear ghosting is a problem in games. The lower the ms the better--at 16ms I don't see it. Contrast ratios need to be high(mine's 450:1 and too low).

If space is a comodity, LCD is the way to go (Plasma is much better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back