Is Asus P5P800 compatible with an XFX 6600 256mb video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is an Asus P5P800 mobo compatible with XFX 6600 ge Force 256 mb video card? If not can anyone tell me me what are the compatible brands for asus p5p800? I appreciate all the help & advice.

Thanx!

According to the ASUS site, the P5P800 has an AGP slot. A 6600 is fine as long as it's an AGP model and not PCI-e.

I assume that your mobo is AGP compliant (from the asus site), then you should just be able to buy the AGP version of the graphics card. The only thing you might need to worry about is you PSU, about 300-350W should cover it. If you can't find the AGP version of the card, BFG (www.bfgtech.com) make pretty good ge-force cards, and you can pick them up fairly cheaply.

Thanx for the reply. This is my newly bought video card XFX GeForce 6600 / 256MB DDR / AGP 8X / Dual DVI / TV Out / Video Card so that means theres no compatibility problems...im currently overseas right now havent really seen personally my pc and all i have are the specs....so if the Asus P5P800 has an AGP connector and this card seems to have an AGP connector then i dont have nothing to worry about or?.thanx again..i appreciate it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back