Is it my Power Supply or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know how this happend but I'll try to explain it.

Yesterday around 7:00 one of my co-workers had informed me that the power at his house unit went out, so i called my brother and he confirmed it (he was using the PC at the time the power went out). Now when I arrived home around 10 or so he told me the PC won't turn on... I look and the power button is just flashing repeatedly....anyone know what could have happend to it?

Something about the ground on the PSU being broken and now you need a new PSU and/or motherboard. Before you do that though, try changing the wall plug or surge protector plug that the computer is plugged into.

i'll try that, but since i have no net connectivity outside my home (library or friends are my only resource atm) I probably won't get back to this thread till tommorow or even later then that.

So it could be the Mobo too....I don't know that much about PC's but that would mean buying everything over again (if it didn't fry my other stuff)

If your PSU was plugged directly into the wall, never do that, it could destroy any number of parts in your system. See which parts work, especially the PSU and motherboard, and get a surge protector.

Power supply went down?

It happens but seldom that with external power problems mobo is killed. First disconnect all stuff fm yr mobo,
take it out and make visual check. If U don't see burned places there's much
hope. Then reset BIOS. Try to check mobo with other PSU, then U'll know
if mobo is OK. Some mobos have fuses (poly-fuse), which should reset itself but sometimes they don't. How long yr mobo was working before without
cleaning, maintenance?

It was my PSU, took it to a store and got it repaired...I'm gonna look into that surge protector thing...maybe as a christmas present to myself.

That's quite positive!

Hi Kazuma,
I know it's sometimes easy to say but harder to do - but don't save on
anti-surge stuff - by sthg fm middle shelf.
Wish U no more troubles.
Mirek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back