Is it my Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee3b

Hey guys!
Im having some weird problems. F.E.A.R a MP game was running fine on my pc but today when i started my pc and played the game it went all stuttery the graphics look all messed up and my play is not smooth anymore i uninstalled the game.. installed it back.. it didnt fix then i uninstalled my graphic card and did the drivers again.. but still it didnt fix it. Is it my Graphic Card which might be the cause or something else which i dont know about.
My Graphic card is ATI X1950 256 ddr3
Thankyou

Well, I must ask the obvious.. Have you installed any other programs added any other hardware between the time it was working perfectly and the time it started flaking out?

Hey!

1. Yes i updated my drivers and it was still there.

2. No i didnt install anything or made any changed to hardware, i had this problem like 2 months ago but it went away i dont remeber how.

And i pinged google 100 times i had 0 packet loss means my nets working fine too, im all confused.

Check your PSU by temporarily using another. I noticed that the ATI X1950 Pro requires a 450 watt psu with at least 30 amps on the 12volt rail. That's a lot of amperage required. If the 12v section of you psu is being a little too taxed, this sort of thing can happen. I would check the cpu (and fan) for proper seating and cooling. It wouldn't hurt to use a known good ram module, leaving your module(s) out. Overheated your machine lately? Process of elimation, you know. Good Luck.

Hey
Thanks for lookin into my problem.
Well i have a 500 watt psu and yea Ati X1950 requires 450 watts.
I thought it might be happening because of overheating so i opened the case and left it open and its pretty cold in my room due to the air conditioner.. even after waking up when i turned on my pc and started playing it was like that, i dont know.. whats wrong.. maybe some drivers or.. eh.... i just dont know what to do... hey can it be my harddrive.... and yea every other thing on my pc runs fine....the last thing i remember doing when it started happening is ... i was scanning ranges for socks 5 and had to patch my number of sockets to 100000 instead of 10 or 50... but then i turned it back to see if that was the problem.. but na didnt workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back