Is it necessary to run windows live careone and spydoctor at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsskater892

Hi, I have windows live careone for vista ultimate computer, and am also using spyware doctor. Both are paid for subscriptions. Im wondering if there realy even is a point to using spyware doctor on it because live onecare seems like it knows what its doing, and both are cpu hogs! I have a athlon 64 x2 4600+ (soon to be a 5200+.... hopefully!) so it doesnt matter too much. thanks! -Nick

No, it shouldn't be necessary.

What I DO like to do though, is have a few anti-spyware and anti-virus programs installed, but only one program actually starting up with Windows and running. That way, if I ever have problems with one or if I need a second opinion, I can use the other manually.

I'd ditch spyware doctor and hang on to Windows live. Disable spyware doctor from starting up with your computer and save it for a rainy day if it looks like something slips past your defenses.

personally, I wouldn't use either - especially paid ones. There are many FREE programs like Spybot search and destroy, Ad-aware, and Edwido Free that work well with an FREE anti virus like AVG free or norton corporate defense department edition.

Tedster said:
personally, I wouldn't use either - especially paid ones. There are many FREE programs like Spybot search and destroy, Ad-aware, and Edwido Free that work well with an FREE anti virus like AVG free or norton corporate defense department edition.
Good point. There's plenty of free programs that do a bang up job out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back