Is it possible to change the wireless card in a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay so I was wondering, if a laptop has a Wireless G card in it, internal, is it possible to change it to a wireless N card? (This is probably a dumb question...)

I was wondering if (and in what cases if you can do it at all) can you change a laptop's wireless card?
(I actually don't see how it's possible, but I thought i'd ask...)

Yes, by purchasing a pcmcia card, to insert in the pcmcia hole on the side of the computer (that little flappy narrow door thing on the side)

kimsland said:
Yes, by purchasing a pcmcia card, to insert in the pcmcia hole on the side of the computer (that little flappy narrow door thing on the side)
I know that you can do THAT... I was talking about the internal one... (I'm not that stupid... at least I hope not...)

OK thanks for saying those nice words !

And by the way, you don't seem to know that you should not quote the post before yours; I thought that was basic knowledge though, oh well my mind reading isn't working at that.

what model/make is the laptop? usually you can replace the wireless minicards. you need to disassemble the laptop at least as far as you need to access the card. then unplug the card and replace it with a new one.
manuals one how to disassemble a laptop are available on most of the vendor sites.

pyromaster, first of all, tell me the model of your laptop. dell,IBM,HP sometimes prohibit to insert other mini-pci wireless cards except theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back