Is it possible to overclock my cpu and how Plz Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerpunkin

I have a gateway 832gm computer and i want to know if it is possible to overclock the the cpu or anything else? Here is my specs,and my bios is very limited on what i can change and even the ram timings can't be changed.

Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 630 with Hyper-Threading Technology
3.0 GHz
800 MHz FSB
Microsoft Media Center OS
Memory (RAM) 2.0 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Hard Drive 250.0 GB 7200 RPM
Evga Geforce 6800Gs Superclocked PCI-E
TV Tuner Card AVerMedia® M113
Optical Drives DVD-ROM drive Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Media Card Reader 8-in-1
Other FM tuner and antenna
IR receiver
Media Center remote control
Antec TruePower 550W Power Supply
Intel (South Lake) P4 550 800 MHz Motherboard R0 D915GSN: BTX Form Factor

Also what is the fastest Cpu i can upgrade this to?

It may able to overclock in windows, but many of the programs are out dated and are very unrealiable. You can't do it in bios because your computer is an oem computer and companies like gateway, dell, hp etc etc, Disable this feature so it doesn't cloge companies up there technical support with such deallings, also if the hardware becomes unoperational do to overclocking the warranty wouldn't cover it. Wich lead to unhappy costumers
Sry, but there's really nothing you can do to overclock your cpu

Best of Luck...

Athough you can overclock your 6800, with Coolbits wich you can download http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=815&file=7&evp=a727fa443efb02c0ad31533e05c6b10f

unzip the file and run the program and will add some settings in the registry.

To use it right click on the desktop, then click Properties, then click settings, click Advance, then click the 6800 tab, then in the left hand pannel click clock frequencies, agree to the terms to manually overclock.

Have fun and try small amounts then play a game for a few minutes if the computer freezes, reset and try again with lower settings

Best of Luck...

Yea iv got my 6800gs overclocked to core-535mhz
memory-1.3gig
i play battlefield 2 with settings on high and get between 50 -70 fps is that ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back