Is it possible to put aftermarket parts in my dell?

By jbulKs
Jan 11, 2007
  1. Hey

I got a Dell for Christmas a couple years back and its about time I upgrade it. I want to throw in a couple things like a new motherboard, gfx card and processor. I'm still researching and looking around for the best bang for the buck seeing as I dont have much money but before I do all of that I want to make sure I'm going to be able to put these items in my Dell.. Has anyone done this? I don't have the money to buy a barebone and start from scratch so this is all I can do at this time. Has anyone done this or know if it would be ok?

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Without knowing what model your Dell machine is there is no way to tell if a new motherboard will fit in it!
  3. wallabing

wallabing TS Rookie Posts: 69

Whoa, changing the mobo, cpu and video card isnt an upgrade, it's a big overhaul and a new system now.

What is you dell psu wattage?
  4. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 385

Fixed: Replace your power supply. If you're upgrading ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT (and you are), upgrade the power supply - ESPECIALLY if it's some dell/emachine/compaq/hp/etc. crappy one.
  5. jbulKs

jbulKs TS Rookie Topic Starter

Before anything else I DEFINENTALY need a new power supply.. My fan goes so loud, I think something is wrong with it. Its a dell dimension 4600.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.