Is it possible to put aftermarket parts in my dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

I got a Dell for Christmas a couple years back and its about time I upgrade it. I want to throw in a couple things like a new motherboard, gfx card and processor. I'm still researching and looking around for the best bang for the buck seeing as I dont have much money but before I do all of that I want to make sure I'm going to be able to put these items in my Dell.. Has anyone done this? I don't have the money to buy a barebone and start from scratch so this is all I can do at this time. Has anyone done this or know if it would be ok?

Thanks
Joe

Without knowing what model your Dell machine is there is no way to tell if a new motherboard will fit in it!

Whoa, changing the mobo, cpu and video card isnt an upgrade, it's a big overhaul and a new system now.

What is you dell psu wattage?

wallabing said:
What is you dell psu wattage?
Fixed: Replace your power supply. If you're upgrading ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT (and you are), upgrade the power supply - ESPECIALLY if it's some dell/emachine/compaq/hp/etc. crappy one.

Before anything else I DEFINENTALY need a new power supply.. My fan goes so loud, I think something is wrong with it. Its a dell dimension 4600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back