Is it really that tempature?

Hello,

I recently got CoreTemp as I was worried about my fan. CoreTemp says my PC is at around 37-43C. But when I feel the bottom right side of my laptop it doesn't feel hot at all, especially when I just had my PC start up. And by the way, by PC I mean my Tosiba Satellite C855-S5115, which is a laptop.

Another issue I have is whether or not I should get a new battery, or a new fan. I've got the fan replaced before, and this time my PC hasn't said my fan is broken and needs to be replaced. The reason I think I need a new battery is because everytime I used my laptop I kept the charger in, and now when I keep the charger in for 20 minutes, my laptop gets hotter. Please help me!

If you were having heat issues, you would feel it from the bottom of your laptop. 37-43C is normal for temps while at idle.

A battery getting warm while charging is normal. If your battery is getting hot and/or will not hold a charge, then I would say replace it.

With all electronics that run off rechargeable batteries, you need to allow them to run off of battery every now and then. If you constantly have it plugged in, you will not get a proper charging cycle going and it will "kill" the battery quicker. Let it run down to 10 to 15 percent battery and then full charge it. A battery that is constantly plugged in (and constantly charging) will get hot and stay hot.

Back