Is it worth buying 1gb ram in addition to 252?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me whether it is worth to spend so much money on 1GB ram, How is such a purchase relevant to the amount of ram programs will require in one year?

The amount of RAM needed depends on what sort of programs you use and what speed you expect from your computer.

It would help if you at least told us what operating system you have and your computer specs.

if youre concerned about cost, keep in mind your biggets jump will be to 512MB. 512 is an okay amount by today's standards.

RAM is now relatively cheap and gives you the biggest performance increase bang for the buck. I'd suggest that 512 is a minimum amount for decent performance and 1GB is a minmum for gaming and other intense programs. As said in the above posts, what are you planning on doing and will your system even support more RAM.

I don't run many intensive programs besides PhotoShop, but I play a lot of games. And I just upgraded from 512 mb to a gig of ram, and it make a tremendous amount of difference in how fast games load, and unload. Before, when I quit a game it took probably 30 seconds before I could access anything on my comoputer, now it's immediate. Game play also seems to be a lot smoother also, although I'm not sure this is due to the added ram. And virtual memory is hardly used any more.

I'd highly recommend that you at least go to 512 mb of ram. And you can get two sticks of 512 mb of PC3200 value ram at NewEgg.com for not much over a $100 if the budget is tight.

This feller forget to tell you, that he is talking about a bleeding laptop!
I told him in another post that 1GB laptop memory was going to be very expensive, and that 512MB was more than enough for a few word-docs and other wishy-washy stuff that he wants to have open at the same time.

Next time I will throw out any double postings!

realblackstuff said:
This feller forget to tell you, that he is talking about a bleeding laptop!
I told him in another post that 1GB laptop memory was going to be very expensive, and that 512MB was more than enough for a few word-docs and other wishy-washy stuff that he wants to have open at the same time.
Yeah, I didn't know he was talking about a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back