Is mag's SP2 disc a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Just picked up the October issue of "PC Advisor"
It has a Windows XP Service Pack 2 free disc attached, in your opinion, would this be a better proposition to use this, than the lengthy d/load for my narrowband connection.
To me, it seems ideal, in the mag there is a lot ot info about the disc, & it's installation.
I know you guys will tell me if you think that there are any snags, the disc is in an official M/Soft, blue sleeve, I wouldn't think that this well known mag would use anyting but genuine software items.

Wary, as ever,
Maurice:suspiciou

Hiya Maurice. Yes it`s ok mate it will be genuine Microsoft have released it to loads of publications. I think it`s a better idea to have it on disc and it should be much quicker to install. I got mine from Microsoft`s web site free of charge took about ten days to arrive. Regards Howard:grinthumb

Thanks, Howard, the mag was only £3.50, I think it was well worth it, for the disc alone:D
Have a good weekend, it's drizzling here on the island, the first rain for a week or more, but I'm not going out, & if I hear one more person say "it'll be good for the garden", I'll marmalise 'em!! [shades of Ken Dodd!]

Regards, Maurice:haha:

yep, its safe for install... well 'safe' as in its from microsoft, but SP2 does cause some problems for some people (its been discussed in several threads here just recently).

I got my SP2 through the mail (real mail not email), Microsoft is providing it free of charge to those in the US (maybe other places too but I'm not sure).

I accidentally hit submit and then tried going back to change something, I did that 2x before I realized what was going on, so I ended up with 3 of those disks, so I'm looking to give a couple away, but heh, only to people I see in real life cause otherwise its cheaper for me to have them just order it from microsoft.

Well,SNGX, I reckon that you'll be inundated with requests for your spare discs, as you were once before, if I remember rightly, with some other discs.
I think I've sussed you, I think that you just enjoy helping people,....am I right? you seem that type of guy!
As to the fact that SP2 has some snags, I must look up those posts if I can remember where they are.

:confused:

Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back