Is my CD/DVD blank?

learninmypc

I just came across a few disks,I don't know if they're CD's or DVD's, but I'd like to know if they're blank or not, how do I do this?
They're mine & auto play is tuned off. TIA

When you put a disk into the DVD drive, find it in Computer, right click it and click Properties. The pie chart should tell you how much is used if any.

Thank you mailpup. I tend to ask questions first & then try to answer it after.
St1ckM4n , if it is, I have no idea where I got it at or anything. I wish I had a pc to test it on. :)

Looks like you already have answer... but also check out Nero Infotool to get a display of
> The characteristics of your DVD drive and
> Info about the media inserted and whether or not it is blank

p.s. I find it best to start the tool with the drive empty. Insert the disk after tool starts (otherwise, it sometimes takes a loooong time to load)

Ok, my bad. I just looked at that cd-r 52x 700 MB/80min disk & discovered its one that a computer friend of mine gave me back in 2002 I think it was.
It has XP-SP2 LITE on it. He also gave me the disk I used on this pc.
Is there any possibility I can format it for future use?

Ok, I just relocated 3 DVD-RW 4.7 gb 2 HRS SP mode
that currently have movies on them a friend recorded for me but I don't need them.
Can they be re-used?

That's what the RW means. You can rewrite on them. Why wouldn't you try it first?

...try what first?
You wanted to know if you could reuse the DVD-RW and I was asking why didn't you just try doing so first? If you had, you should have found that you can reuse them.

Ok, my brain is in slow mode lately.
I'm not able to upload a picture that shows what I think are format settings so I'll format it & hope it works, thank you..

Don't need to format anything. Just burn the disc as usual, and the data will be re-written automatically.

Ok, since I have never done this & zero $$$, can I get easy step by step instructions?
Too tired to do it tonight,but will try tomorrow. :)

Well, I've tried 3 times to create an image following the bleepingcomputer link but no joy. For unknown reasons I'm unable to post images of the error messages. :(

Back