Is my motherboard fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, since ive been having a lot of issues with my computer giving driver errors left and right and freezing, my teacher suggested I could try a program called Fresh Diagnostics. I ran it and most of my tests came back fine, but under the sensors page it rates my motherboard as temp of 76 degrees celsius. My power supply is rated at 34 celsius and my processor at one point in it was rated at 122, but i refreshed it and it said 72 and just a sec ago it poped up as 19 degrees celsius and now i can get it to show up anymore. But my baord is consistently rated at 76 and im just sitting here typing. Is my board fried already as its been giving errors and freezing and not downloading right for the past 2 weeks? Thanks for your help.

Download a program that will consistently monitor your temps. It sounds like the one you are using is a little wonky.

Try this one: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/26-motherboard-monitor.html

And if it is true that your motherboard is consistenly at 76C, then yes you are overheated to dangerous levels.

By a can of pressurized air and blow off the dust from your motherboard. How many fans does your case have? How many sucking in, and how many blowing out? What size are the fans?

I have one fan sucking in the main computer, one blowing out both are the standard 4 inch one and the cpu has about a 3 1/2 inch aluminum fan on it. This is the same setup i had on my comp for the longest time, only recently having problems with my comp as we had a guy put in a new motherboard for us and all the problems started to happen from there never ending.

I downloaded the monitor but my motherboard wasnt supported. I have a Foxconn one and would any other program be sufficient?

I downloaded a program called Speedfan from http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php and the sensors on that rate my board usually about 76 and my cpu has seemed to go up to 100 and hover around there to at some point quite a bit. What could cause this as the only thing new is the MB like i mentioned earlier and we have never had this problem before?

Can you please give us your complete system specs. Make/model of all major parts, as well as your power supply (how many watts/maker).

I have a P4 prescott 3ghz, 2 HD one 200gb maxtor with its own little 3 fans and the other a 30gb maxtor. My motherboard is a Foxconn 648FX4MR-ES with two 512mb Kensington RAM and a new BFG geforce 6800 GT AGP. The power pack is a generic one that puts out 380 watts which is consitently 34 celsius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back